Invisible number plate system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simon

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 Proper gearbox
I know this topic has been covered before, but I'm sure this will be of interest.

The Link

Hmmmmmm interesting I am sure Dave Elcombe would be pulling out his process boook if he came across this.
Pete:p

A magistrate friend of mine warned me off these !!

Hes just given someone a very large fine and points - just for having it fitted - not even using it!

Apparently its considered intent to commit a crime - now they just need to decide which crime :)

Mark

ok , two senarios that somone might be able to comment on where that number plate thing might be good.

Both at traffic lights

An emergency vehicle comes up behind you and wants to go through the lights , but , those people who seem to know better than uis mere mortals have decided to put in a red light camera .. WHo is going to creep forward to let it through with the thought of having to prove what happened and risk getting three points off someone who has had a bad day and refuses your appeal.

Secondly :

The Lights stick on red....... Ive seen it happen and then the camera goes flash flash flash all the way to the bank ... this same junction now has two red light cameras for a three lane road ... talk about ovekill ....:crazy:

Let me know what u guys think ...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by fuzzer
ok , two senarios that somone might be able to comment on where that number plate thing might be good.

Both at traffic lights

An emergency vehicle comes up behind you and wants to go through the lights , but , those people who seem to know better than uis mere mortals have decided to put in a red light camera .. WHo is going to creep forward to let it through with the thought of having to prove what happened and risk getting three points off someone who has had a bad day and refuses your appeal.

Secondly :

The Lights stick on red....... Ive seen it happen and then the camera goes flash flash flash all the way to the bank ... this same junction now has two red light cameras for a three lane road ... talk about ovekill ....:crazy:

Let me know what u guys think ...:rolleyes:

I don't think the case for either is good enough to warrent the use of an illegal device.

I have been at both though. I think creeping through a red light for an emergency vehicle, would be obvious as to what you were doing.
Being stuck at a permanent red light is funny. I knew the cycle, I let it go THREE times to ensure I was not mistaken or it had changed etc. Then proceeded with extreme caution.

Traffic light cameras turn off after a time period of red phasing and should not flash if you creep through 5 miles an hour, either way the emergency vehicle would also cause it to flash and so the operator would be aware of why u crossed over the stop line on red.
Pete :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom