Invisible parktronic!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Taurus PLASTIC BUMPER Reversing Aid
'Invisible Reversing Aid' * Electro-Magnetic Tecnology * Thin Flexible Adhesive Strip Mounts Behind PLASTIC BUMPER * Waterproof Processor Mounts In Boot Or Behind Bumper * 20mm Speaker Mounts Inside Vehicle * System Confirms Operation When Reverse Gear Is Selected * Coverage Range - Zone 1 - 0.8-0.5 Metres * Zone 2 - 0.5-0.25 Metres * Zone 3 - 0.25-0 Metres * Distance Indicated By Different Tones

Link

£79.95 Inc VAT

Gaz_za said:
your links not working

It's 3 years old - I am not overly surprised!

I have this on my c220 CDi. Its laughably bad, I would strongly advise that you stick with the more conventional ultrasonic system. To be more specific, the system only senses how close you are to something, whilst you are moving - so you can't put the car in reverse and know how far you are from an object until you start moving, this wouldn't be so bad but it also 'false alarms' at just about everything, i've had it bleeping with a constant tone but unable to see what the obstruction was, got out to have a look , but there was nothing there. This is a regular occurence. Before anyone says anything, i've installed it, AND re-installed it with meticulous following of the manufacturers instructions, and tried adjusting the sensitivity - its still rubbish !

I'm gonna replace it with the ultrasonics next year sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom