Invisible step ladders and truly execrable service - www.stepladders.co.uk.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

corned

MB Enthusiast
Car
car
Bit of a rant coming. Take cover!

On 04/07/2011 I purchased some lovely new aluminium 5-tread platform step ladders from www. stepladders. co. uk, part shown here. They are part of a company called Towers and Sanders Ltd.

A few days later the package arrived. However on unwrapping and setting up, the new steps were seriously wonky and would not stand on a level floor without wobbling around. Further inspection showed that the whole thing has been assembled as if by a drunk. There was not one right angle or level anywhere on the whole thing!

So I phoned and arranged for them to collect this piece of poor workmanship and deliver a proper replacement. They apologised for the manufacturing issues they had been experiencing recently.

A couple of day later Tuffnell's arrived to collect and that was that. We went on holiday and only when I thought about it I contacted them again to find out where the replacement was. "It will be with you on Thursday", i.e. in two days' time. Come Thursday, and nothing. Phone Friday to be told that they will be delivered in a couple of days. Again, no delivery.

In total, I have phoned and arranged delivery on five subsequent occasions since the faulty ones were collected. On Monday last I phoned again to complain at the latest non-delivery and was told that they no longer made this particular item, but they would make one and get it out to me by today.

Guess what? Nothing today. I phoned mid-afternoon to ask what time I was to expect the delivery, to be told again that they no longer make this item. So I ask why I have been repeatedly lied to since the beginning of July, to be told simply "I'm sorry about that".

So today I learn that there really is no option available to me (after 9 weeks) other than a refund of my money. What a complete shambles!

I am now wondering if their core business is simply taking money off people and banking it for as long as possible before having to make a refund, without having any product to actually sell. Strange business model!

I post this in case anyone else on here was thinking of doing business with these sharks. I'll let you know if I ever see my money again...

Normally I am well served by internet transactions. If that's because I take care with what I'm buying and where from, then maybe that's something to do with it.

However, on this occasion I came unstuck. This wunch of bankers looked OK...

Tell them they need to step up to the mark and lift their game. Tread carefully though and make sure you get off on the right footing.

If you get no joy, you will have to take your complaint higher.:)

Obviously this company is totally lacking in stile.

Take a large Housed Step to new hieghts of the complaint system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom