Invoicing Software

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Going to make a few changes to the business over Christmas including new adverts for the mags and papers, a new dedicated website and some computer upgrades, I also want to change the invoice software which is currently Excel based with a background database. Does anyone know of any good free or relatively inexpensive invoice software, I have had a look and most of it comes bundled with the accounting packages which I dont need, thought Microsoft Accounting Express would do it but even though its free its awful.

Any help appreciated

Depends how much you want to spend but I use Sage for our whole accounts (including invoicing) and find it excellent.

Depends how much you want to spend but I use Sage for our whole accounts (including invoicing) and find it excellent.

Looked at Sage but its a bit OTT for what I need, just basic invoicing as the accountant does the rest, thanks

I have used Sage for many years a very good & compleat package not to hard on the pocket

I use Quicken in work, very simple and easy to set-up. I looked at Sage but was way too much for my needs.

Bob

I'm currently using the Microsoft Accounts Express and it is very hard work.
The help files are useless and you have to work everything out yourself. I will probably continue until April but I'm concerned about what it will output for the accountants use.
I'll probably end up with sage.

I'm currently using the Microsoft Accounts Express and it is very hard work.
The help files are useless and you have to work everything out yourself. I will probably continue until April but I'm concerned about what it will output for the accountants use.
I'll probably end up with sage.

I had a real good look at this and tried it for a while but its useless, not like microsoft at all :rolleyes: I agree help files are totally useless found most of the support I needed on a finance forum but for me it's really pants

QuickBooks SimpleStart - under £40 should give you what you need.

Quickbooks is what my accountant is trying to get me on, it looks quite simple actually.

Some of these programs have a habit of being unnecessarily complicated.

I have goods in, goods out and I need a invoice...it's not brain surgery but you'd think it is sometimes.

Used Quickbooks for years. Very good.

Here, here!!

http://openerp.com/

I can implement in on Linux so no extra cost for licenses. And it's free!
Nice, easy, stable system. And if needed you can have paid support!
(not really needed as there is big community supporting it anyway)

Also, you could have it online in some datacenter so no worries about connections/failovers etc.

Cheers
Chris

Try this one,
Very free!!

Easy to use

For simple folk,!*

Keeps records, auto numbering, remembers part numbers etc. :bannana:

Which one? am I missing a link or something, I like the easy to use for simple folk bit, Franey could you point me in the right direction of this one please

SAGE all the way, have used it for 10 years or so. Used correctly, it reduces your accountants work and thus HIS invoice to you. hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom