Invoking 'section 75' sale of goods act (credit card) . The bicycle experts on here might also like to chip in. Boardman.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nothing wrong with Boardman bikes.
We’ve got a few in our house including my road bike that cost me £4200 in 2019. It came from Cycle Republic by the Euston Tower.

It gets ridden extremely hard and I’ve probably done 18000 miles on it in all weathers. It gets used for commuting and it’s never been serviced. View attachment 128820View attachment 128821
Wow you have a bike park outside your house! Love it

As others have said, Boardmans are good bikes (I've got a £1k hybrid) but Halfords techs are a bit hit and miss.

These days, I just do all my own stuff. But if I wanted to have something done I wouldn't go to Halfords. When I was commuting on my bike a lot I used to go to a couple of Evans stores in the city, purely for the convenience. I was quite happy with everything they did.

Thanks for the replies guy's , just the mixed bunch that I was expecting :p

BUT . I just remembered the FIRST ever 'bike' I bought for the lad in question (who is now taller than me) was from this very same Halfords store.

It was a toddlers trike . I got it home and sat him on it , his furious pedalling action provided zero forward movement but lots of one way ratchet noise.

The numb nuts at Halfords had only gone and bolted the front wheel on the wrong way around ! They had ONE thing to bolt on a kiddies trike and they fooked that up . :doh:

This- I now remember - was why I was trying to dissuade him from buying a bike from them . I am going in there today , and TBH I am just going to collect the bike and remind them what a bunch of useless twots they are on my way out.

Over all the years it was only the trike , a cheap (£90 ?) BMX and this self destructing Boardman that at has ever been bought by me from them , so they have not had much of my 'hard earned'. The BMX was fine , so just a 66% fail rate then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom