iOplay in w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tugger

Car
03 E270CDI Auto Avantgarde silver + panoramic roof, grey leather, bi-xenons, 18" AMG alloys
I have an 02/52 W211 Avantgarde with an Audio 20 (tape + in dash 6-CD, phone installation and parking sensors if that matters) and I want to have an ioPlay installed (bluetooth ipod/phone thing).

Problem is, the man in Halfords said it probably wasn't possible due to the car having fibre optics and if something is plugged into the ISO connector on the Audio 20, it will stop working.

Doesn't quite ring true to me however, I got the impression they just cant be bothered to look properly. So does anyone have one of these installed in a W211? Does it work? Anyone know of anyone in Scotland (Glasgow area) who would be able to install one of these?

Thanks. 1st time post, go easy on me :)

I have an 02/52 W211 Avantgarde with an Audio 20 (tape + in dash 6-CD, phone installation and parking sensors if that matters) and I want to have an ioPlay installed (bluetooth ipod/phone thing).

Problem is, the man in Halfords said it probably wasn't possible due to the car having fibre optics and if something is plugged into the ISO connector on the Audio 20, it will stop working.

Doesn't quite ring true to me however, I got the impression they just cant be bothered to look properly. So does anyone have one of these installed in a W211? Does it work? Anyone know of anyone in Scotland (Glasgow area) who would be able to install one of these?

Thanks. 1st time post, go easy on me :)

Try drivers in charring cross, im sure they will be able to help :) 0141 332 5800.

will give them a ring tomorrow

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom