iPad vs Asus touchscreen netbook??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There have been tests taken out on www.macrumours.com where they had tested the prototype Ipad with a normal netbook and it out performed also

Wait until it's really out and in the grubby hands of real users.

imho all mac products out perform windows.

LOL.

iPhone. Good. But overpriced. Launched with GPRS when everybody else was going 3G.

White Macbook. Good. But overpriced. And appallingly rubbish LCD.

Later Macbooks. Good. But even more overpriced.

If you give your hard earned to Apple you don't necessarily get higher performance or value. If you spend £800+ on an Apple product which has inferior performance and components to a £500 PC product you've lost the opportunity to spend £300 on something else.

Don't get me wrong. Mac OS X IMHO is a good head and shoulders ahead of Windows. And Apple understand the media and content side of things better than Microsoft or Sony.

But 'all Apple products out perform' is a false generalisation.

But 'all Apple products out perform' is a false generalisation.

Depends on the definition of 'out perform'. If you are talking reliability, build quality and thought having gone into the product then in my opinion apple products do outperform. May not always be the fastest or cheapest though.

Depends on the definition of 'out perform'. If you are talking reliability, build quality and thought having gone into the product then in my opinion apple products do outperform. May not always be the fastest or cheapest though.

Well thought out. Yes. And sometimes at the detail level they get the trivial but useful things very right that others overlook.

But they have stupid stuff as well. The Finder in MacOSX was an afterthought. Setting up a mobile 3G connection using bluetooth is still a black art. The older Macbooks make a mechanical stupid noise on startup (designed to wake your wife up in a hotel room if you flip your system open in the morning to check your email). I don't think they've got network sharing sorted. Time Machine is a brilliantly simple backup solution for ordinary users - but configuration and setup can be fraught if you're unlucky enough to have problems.

Build quality? Nothing special. There are probably as many horror stories as with any other vendor - and as I stated above - they will use inferior components despite the high prices. And they're quite happy to sell expensive warranties with a fear sell.

Don't get me started on build quality...

I used to sysadmin 600/800 macs, and within a year about a third went back with warranty repairs, and within 3 more than half...

Main points were batteries (MacBook white), screens (macBook pro, imac alu 24), capacitors "exploding" (emacs), non-starters (new from the box, mainly imac whites), and fans going into overdrive and never powering down (imac white/alu 20").

Thank god for applecare, or we would have been royally screwed on repair costs!

The OS is ok, it's JALD after all...

M.

Thank god for applecare, or we would have been royally screwed on repair costs!

Hmmmmm?

So you pay for Applecare and get a bit less than right royally screwed on costs! But you're still getting screwed.

Apple kind of have things well figured out don't they. Tails you lose. Heads they win.

Word has it that Apple will shortly be announcing the iPad mini. The mini version will be pocket sized and have voice enhancements. :rolleyes:

I am personally a apple fan as I own a macbook for school and imac at home. When I was a windows user I did find have trouble now and again but then when it was time to buy a new set up I went for a Imac 24" new the gen (silver and black) and didn't have any problem's etc after that (maybe I was lucky) I think it's either you love it or hate it situation, you either love apple and their product's or you hate it and are a window's user. So in conclusion it's really down to the buyer's preference.

Word has it that Apple will shortly be announcing the iPad mini. The mini version will be pocket sized and have voice enhancements. :rolleyes:

Ive got a great idea for the name of it...how about an iphone;)

Apple iPad met with derision and laughter by web users | Mail Online

^ worth a look for a laugh

article-1246801-08103FC5000005DC-20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom