IPE Exhaust fitted at MSL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J LAD

Car
Maserati Ghibli
After buying my C63 I thought no other sound could be better, starting this engine up from cold or at full revs out on blast made me smile ear to ear, but!!
On Monday Acid and his mad crew fitted me a lovely bit of well engineered tubing from the cat back, courtesy of IPE, then re-mapped my ECU and slipped in some BMC filters.
I can tell you, a lot of hard work has gone into the testing of this exhaust as the sound is now unbelievable, even my wife grins!
Valves closed - a deep , mellow based, creamy growl is now emitted, it gives the impression of underlying strength, think of Pavarotti being kicked in the nuts.
Valves open - unleash the dogs from hell!!, forget Pavarotti, the Prodigy are now singing, god its a glorious sound.
Performance - a tad quicker up to treble figures, but then a big difference on wards, with the engine intake breathing much much louder, its as though its using all the oxygen available in the world!, but then it all goes quite, as the speedo rises, very strange this?
Lift off, then back on the gas and it all happens again!
Well worth the money in my opinion, a definite 1st mod on any C63, many thanks to Acid and his lads.

Anyone got an IPE on a CLS55? Have been looking at Eisenmann, but i like the idea of a valved exhaust as i live on a very quiet street and i start work quite early!

Chris A would be the man to talk to WRT the CLS55.

He's tried lots of combinations, though not IPE as far as I know. (yet) :D

After buying my C63 I thought no other sound could be better, starting this engine up from cold or at full revs out on blast made me smile ear to ear, but!!
On Monday Acid and his mad crew fitted me a lovely bit of well engineered tubing from the cat back, courtesy of IPE, then re-mapped my ECU and slipped in some BMC filters.
I can tell you, a lot of hard work has gone into the testing of this exhaust as the sound is now unbelievable, even my wife grins!
Valves closed - a deep , mellow based, creamy growl is now emitted, it gives the impression of underlying strength, think of Pavarotti being kicked in the nuts.
Valves open - unleash the dogs from hell!!, forget Pavarotti, the Prodigy are now singing, god its a glorious sound.
Performance - a tad quicker up to treble figures, but then a big difference on wards, with the engine intake breathing much much louder, its as though its using all the oxygen available in the world!, but then it all goes quite, as the speedo rises, very strange this?
Lift off, then back on the gas and it all happens again!
Well worth the money in my opinion, a definite 1st mod on any C63, many thanks to Acid and his lads.

It sounds awesome with the valves open!!!!!
If you opt for the IPE Long Tube Headers (Exhaust Manifold) then you can get a good jump in BHP....550BHP and with the valves open it will sound like Thunder.
Just an idea for your 2nd Mod :devil:

Anyone got an IPE on a CLS55? Have been looking at Eisenmann, but i like the idea of a valved exhaust as i live on a very quiet street and i start work quite early!

No Buddy, not for the CLS........as yet ;)

I'm looking at the same but finding it a little difficult.

I'm meeting up with a REMOVED mate of mine tomorrow who deals with various exhaust manufacturers so will let you know and maybe a Group buy would be in order :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
With regards to price, I rang round a lot of companies beforehand, and no one came close to MSL, give Acid a ring my friend. As a sound off Scuderia Systems wanted £2k for the exhaust, £1k for the remap and £500 for fitting.
Note: you get no power increase at all with this " cat back " exhaust, just a glorious sound system.

Lee - I was so tempted to go the full hog and have the headers fitted, as you say that does give a big power hike, I am already saving mate!!

Are there any power gains with the r172 55 slk via exhaust and would emissions be affected?

Tony.

Ok.....just had a message that a mate has installed the IPE on his S63 :thumb:
Took a bit of graft in bending and shaping but worked out a treat so I will let you know the outcome :cool:

J LAD where are you based? I am looking to do similar mods to my c63. would love to hear the setup

It was a pleasure to meet you and have a chat on Monday. You where very excited and I'm really pleased you are enjoying the sound.

What mod next?

Ok.....just had a message that a mate has installed the IPE on his S63 :thumb:
Took a bit of graft in bending and shaping but worked out a treat so I will let you know the outcome :cool:

Awesome, thanks! Please keep us updated!
I wonder what sort of ballpark cost we are talking....?

Awesome, thanks! Please keep us updated!
I wonder what sort of ballpark cost we are talking....?

I can get the mid section and rear with blue tips for £2k.....I'm about to purchase so that leaves one set left

I am based in South Yorks, just outside Wakefield my friend, but she only comes out if its dry!, no problem letting you hear the car etc.

I can get the mid section and rear with blue tips for £2k.....I'm about to purchase so that leaves one set left

I've just mailed him. Told him once I find someone to fit it locally, I'll push the button. He was quite happy with that and told me to give him a shout when I'm sorted! :thumb:

Getting excited, even got the wife's approval for this one!

Thanks Chris

I've just mailed him. Told him once I find someone to fit it locally, I'll push the button. He was quite happy with that and told me to give him a shout when I'm sorted! :thumb:

Getting excited, even got the wife's approval for this one!

Thanks Chris

You wont be dissapointed with the IPE it makes a huge difference, with the valves closed its sounds pretty much stock, if not a little quieter. With the valves open its just nuts :D

I am sure there are plenty places that will offer to fit it.....without sounding like a di*k just make sure they know what they are doing.
Saying that, looks like Chris will be the Guinea Pig again so will be able to advise of any issues.

You wont be dissapointed with the IPE it makes a huge difference, with the valves closed its sounds pretty much stock, if not a little quieter. With the valves open its just nuts :D

I am sure there are plenty places that will offer to fit it.....without sounding like a di*k just make sure they know what they are doing.
Saying that, looks like Chris will be the Guinea Pig again so will be able to advise of any issues.

Thanks Lee. It's the perfect all round solution between civilised and stupid when you want it to be! How exactly does the remote valve control interface work?

Excellent news about the Mrs approval :)
I'll give Stan a call and see if the seller can ship yours up to him as well as mine next week ;)

Guinea Pig as always Lee but always worth it in the end ! :)

Does the valve on the IPE cause any restriction or is the housing larger than the 3" exhaust. I would also like to know how the control system works please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom