iPhone 3G and Nokia CK-7W bluetooth kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bolide

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW E39 525 Diesel Touring
Has anyone tried the Nokia CK-7W bluetooth kit and iPhone 3G together? I'm contemplating an iPhone but I have to have hands-free

And I don't want one of those stupid earpieces!

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Has anyone tried the Nokia CK-7W bluetooth kit and iPhone 3G together? I'm contemplating an iPhone but I have to have hands-free

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Just got rid on my Nokia CK-7W and had pre-wire and bluetooth HFP cradle installed by Comand. Problem with the Nokia bluetooth kit is you can only use Nokia phones with it. I suspect with the 3G iphone you will get loads of echo and feedback when making and receiving calls as i did with my motorola VX, when i switched to N70 then N95 the problem was solved.

Just got rid on my Nokia CK-7W and had pre-wire and bluetooth HFP cradle installed by Comand. Problem with the Nokia bluetooth kit is you can only use Nokia phones with it. I suspect with the 3G iphone you will get loads of echo and feedback when making and receiving calls as i did with my motorola VX, when i switched to N70 then N95 the problem was solved.

I guess the CK-7W cannot be only for Nokia phones. The echo issue has been mentioned several times and must be a real issue but isn't it dependent on the echo cancelling capability at the phone, there must be other models that have the same capability as Nokia phones and then work with CK-7W too?

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

I am about to have this installed by my Company.
Does it interface with the steering wheel buttons and does the incoming call display on the Comand system?

the Nokia kit will interface with nothing other than the iPhone (if it does indeed work with iPhone).

I had the CK -7W in my Saab and it seems to be a generic Bluetooth car kit. It certainly works with my HTC Touch Dual.

the Nokia kit will interface with nothing other than the iPhone (if it does indeed work with iPhone).

Except it usually is connected to the radio mute input. Anyway no car integration other than that..

I can answer my own question: the CK-7W and iPhone coexist quite happily. The audio quality is not stellar but it does work

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom