Iphone 4 vs Blackberry 9900

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghummy

Car
Mercedes Benz c220 (w203 2005)
hi people, i just wanted to guage peoples thoughs on the Iphone 4 vs the blackberry 9900.

i currently own an iphone 4 and thinking of getting rid and getting a blackberry 9900.

i was never actually a fan of BB however got the other half one the other day, (not a 9900) and i really took a shine to the OS on it.

i particularly like the features on it, i cant seem to make a decision.

i know if i get rid of the iphone im going to miss the camera, screen size and sexy looks and also the app store etc

however even though the BB looks ugly i like it in a strange way.

i use my iphone currently maintly for email, texts and playing games while sitting on the crapper.

i feel the iphone is more for the younger generation whereas the other is to slightly older folk.

im not asking anyone to make a decision for me, i just want a wider opinion from people about the pros and cons of each handset.

thanks.

iPhone for Social (and I hate them with a passion) but BlackBerry for business

My own preference is for iPhone due to number of useful apps. Not so keen on the typing interface though

The first iPhone I owned was a 3GS which I replaced with a Blackberry Torch, I did this because most of my mates were raving about iPhones and I wanted to be different.

I sent it back within forty eight hours to swap it for the iPhone 4, I just couldn't get used to the Torch; it seemed slow-witted and the touchscreen wasn't very intuitive.

I don't know anyone that's gone from an iPhone to a Blackberry and been happy, though I know a few that have gone the other way and been pleased.

I'm no Apple fan boy, I'm too technophobe to be, but they do make brilliant phones in my experience & opinion.

i do agree, the iphone is an absolutly cracking phone. i think i may along the lines of yourself and wanting to be different.

seconded on the typing interface on the iphone. im all fingers and thumbs trying to text so in that aspect i would like physical buttons.

iphones are very simple to use and i think thats what makes me think hmmm.. this is for kids.

when i set up the mrs BB yesterday it took the best part of 4 hours and on the blower to o2 support to get everything working as it should, and that technical side of things appeals to me.

decisions decisions.

may find a friend and swap for a few days and see how i get on with one.

If you're on O2, I think you've got to pay £5 more for the BBM don't you?

We had to, which was another negative towards BB.

I don't know anyone that's gone from an iPhone to a Blackberry and been happy,

You do now:D I appreciate the functionality of the iPhone and the appeal but as a business phone it is useless no where near as secure as BB, typing interface is poor for longish e mails and battery life is miserable my BB will go 3 days of heavy use with no charge. Mine was a 3GS and the worst piece of Chinese junk I have ever owned, but my daughter swears by her iPhone 4 and would never swap. I should say I'm running a BB 9900 and its good but not brilliant has its limitations. I think SWMBO has it right with her HTC that is brilliant and like lightening and more user friendly than both BB or iPhone.

Last edited:
A curved ball here - have you thought of a Windows phone - Nokia Lumina 800?

i have, but for me at present its stricly iphone or blackberry. well this is what i will do, wake up in the morning, toss a coin and decide.

Rather shocked at the poor battery life of the iPhone 4S. Nice toy though.

I went from an iPhone 4 to a BB Bold and the BB is much better for push email, battery life and I am used to and prefer typing on it now, it also has BBM which is handy if you have friends with Blackberries.
The iPhone is better for apps, the choice is so much better, the Blackberry app store is awful, it also has a better camera and the fact that it doubles up as an iPod is good too.
I think I will be going back to an iPhone, just waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom