iPhone 4 yellow patch on screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
Hi

A colleague has an iPhone 4 and it has a yellow patch on the screen, I have read various threads about this on other forums and I can't seam to find out if this is a problem that will get worse with time or just stay the same.

The phone is over a year old and so the glue evaporating line, does not seam to be true.

Does anyone else have this problem or know anything about it?

Thanks

Tan

I was told this is happening a lot on the 4S models as they are literally shipping them out hot off the production line and the glue isn't set....????

However over 1 yr old seems odd... maybe a return while under 1 year old would have been wise :)

Saying that if its a known fault Apple are pretty good and will repair / replace after the warranty.

I would take it to an apple store and see that they say?

He too it in to Apple and was 3 days out of warranty and they wouldn't do anything.

Unusual as they are normally pretty good.

If he had phone insurance maybe claim on that ?

I would have thought the 'sale of goods & services' would allow two years as reasonable use out of any consumer goods?
Try telling them it's not 'fit for purpose', any decent customer service department would honour that....
cheers

My daughter had a Nano replaced due to it going through the washing machine, everything was normal exempt the sound, hence why they replaced it, also it was 1 week out of warranty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom