iPhone 5 - Audio 20 - SMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

B4oxx

Car
C300h Premium Plus AMG Sport
Hi All,

Very odd sound from the Audio this morning.

A text message on the car's display!!!

Had the IOS 6.1 update on the phone this morning, I can read text messages through theAudio 20.

I have had my car a month linked to my iPhone 4 and still yet to get this working but was not even aware of a new update. Thanks for the heads up, will update to if hit and see if it helps.

I've also been trying to get this to work with my iPhone 5 + Audio 20.

I've tried all the settings possible with the notification centre to no avail.

I'll try this new iOS update and see if it works!! :)

During the during I have noticed it doesn't synch all the texts held on your iPhone.

Had a text whilst sat in my car, fine, all great, get alerted on the display, incoming alert tone, readable and the messages have stayed there all day.

However, texts received out of the car during the day - nothing.

Going to experiment in the morning with sending a text whilst in the car?

Anyone else with the same findings??

That sounds right to me, surely you only want new message to appear?

The car works off the notifications as appear on the screen of your iphone so you will only get texts that are recieved while the phone is connected. Not seamless integration but it does mean you can get the car to read you a text received while driving which I find really useful. To work though notifications has to be turned on in the settings of the bluetooth device, this is the one starting MB in your list of bluetooth devices.

During the during I have noticed it doesn't synch all the texts held on your iPhone.

Had a text whilst sat in my car, fine, all great, get alerted on the display, incoming alert tone, readable and the messages have stayed there all day.

However, texts received out of the car during the day - nothing.

Going to experiment in the morning with sending a text whilst in the car?

Anyone else with the same findings??

It will only display sms alerts that you receive while your phone is connected to the car's bluetooth.

Unfortunately there is no way to get new sms's that you receive when you arent in the car.

To me, it would seem pointless to read old text messages anyways. I'd rather focus on enjoying the drive! :)

I've actually now upgraded to iOS to 6.1 on my iPhone 5.

Still no luck with the sms service, is there any particular settings I need to do on the phone to get this to work?

Not really too bothered about it, but if it can work then i'll take it! :)

I did the update to 6.1, didn't change any other settings but I am now able to receive text messages. Not sure about iMessages yet as have not received.one in the car.

I've actually now upgraded to iOS to 6.1 on my iPhone 5.

Still no luck with the sms service, is there any particular settings I need to do on the phone to get this to work?

Not really too bothered about it, but if it can work then i'll take it! :)

Go to settings in the iphone and select bluetooth devices, there will be one starting MB or something like that for Mercedes, selct it and make sure Notifications is turned on.

c63chris said:
Go to settings in the iphone and select bluetooth devices, there will be one starting MB or something like that for Mercedes, selct it and make sure Notifications is turned on.

Hey,

I already have that turned on, notification centre is on, set to show 5 items, set to list as banners and set to view in lock screen.

Still no luck :(

I'm not sure if this applies to the Audio 20 but I have 2 C Classes, both 2012 with Comand and I had the same problem. By chance I installed TomTom's free Speed Cameras app (which currently includes the first year's subscription free) on my iPhone 5 and found that after using it (via bluetooth) with one of my cars, I noticed that the SMS option became available. It may be something to do with the fact that when you run the app in the background the app sends text messages to your phone when you approach a speed camera and this shows up on the Comand screen. I did the same thing in my other car and once again text messaging started working. To clarify, I have since received "normal" text messages and they now appear on my Comand screen. If you can be bothered, try it. It's free and a great app as well and I'm curious if this works for other people.

Hey,

I already have that turned on, notification centre is on, set to show 5 items, set to list as banners and set to view in lock screen.

Still no luck :(

Have you tried unpairing and then re-pairing the phone? Mine works through Command so at a loss after this :dk:

MartinGB said:
I've still not got mine working! :(

Me either, I updated my 4S to 6.1.1 last night on the off chance, still no joy.

Had a response back from dealer who are talking to the 'guru' in Milton Keynes and they aren't hopeful for 4S but have offered to take car in and check software version and update if required.

They also mentioned there have been issues with iPhone 5 too

Just for ref I am trying to get Audio 20 working with iPhone 4S, I have tried with iOs versions 6.0.1, 6.1 and now 6.1.1

One other thing, if the sms icon is activated after phone connects it means its tried to download messages from phone which would imply its the phone thats at issue.

Have you tried unpairing and then re-pairing the phone? Mine works through Command so at a loss after this :dk:

I've tried re-pairing with no luck :(

I'm about ready to give up! :D

My car is going in monday morning to have the software checked and updated, they also have an iPhone 4S working with a C Class with audio 20 so I am going to try my phone with diff car and their phone in mine etc.

Hopefully we may find a solution for everyone with Audio 20 and no sms functionality

Fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom