iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No idea why I bothered, reception is crap at home on BT.

Only have it because Mrs KE and I can iMessage each other for nothing wherever we are in the world.

I totally get that. Reception so poor in our house. I know this can't help you but might help others: Vodafone do a 'SureSignal' box. I think it obtains a Vodafone signal via the router. Now we all have 5 bar signal in every room of the house. It's fantastic. £50 off flea bay. Only works when you register each phone number.

Whatsapp is even better than iMessage. Totally free and can send pictures, video clips (also free) in a few seconds.

Ant. :thumb:

I totally get that. Reception so poor in our house. I know this can't help you but might help others: Vodafone do a 'SureSignal' box. I think it obtains a Vodafone signal via the router. Now we all have 5 bar signal in every room of the house. It's fantastic. £50 off flea bay. Only works when you register each phone number.

Whatsapp is even better than iMessage. Totally free and can send pictures, video clips (also free) in a few seconds.

Ant. :thumb:

To use Whatsapp do both parties have to be connected to the internet

Happytalk73 said:
I totally get that. Reception so poor in our house. I know this can't help you but might help others: Vodafone do a 'SureSignal' box. I think it obtains a Vodafone signal via the router. Now we all have 5 bar signal in every room of the house. It's fantastic. £50 off flea bay. Only works when you register each phone number. Whatsapp is even better than iMessage. Totally free and can send pictures, video clips (also free) in a few seconds. Ant. :thumb:

I've heard of other service providers doing something similar. But not BT. I asked them what could be done about the poor or complete lack of signal indoors and the best they could offer was an Ap that connects to the router with wi-fi then uses your landline at a price. So if you're not connected you don't get incoming calls, and for outgoing you may as well use the landline. Completely useless. Wish I hadn't got a "cheap" SIM only 12 month contract.

Arrr, right. Didn't know that. :doh:

Would that have to be through a router or would 3G/4G work also?

Ant.

Think through a router, unless it can work via your Data , time for some googling :D

I've heard of other service providers doing something similar. But not BT. I asked them what could be done about the poor or complete lack of signal indoors and the best they could offer was an Ap that connects to the router with wi-fi then uses your landline at a price. So if you're not connected you don't get incoming calls, and for outgoing you may as well use the landline. Completely useless. Wish I hadn't got a "cheap" SIM only 12 month contract.

Yeah, suits us here. £9 a month sim only. Unlimited texts/calls but not much data. 250mb (I think)

The little village we live in, Vodafone is the only NP that has a decent ish signal.

alzieboy said:
To use Whatsapp do both parties have to be connected to the internet

Internet, phone data I.e gprs/3G/4G

Not limited to just Internet :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom