iphone 5 connect by cable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyswamp

Car
clk 320 cdi
Hi all, newbie here, I have just bought my first MB a 57 plate clk 320 cdi
with command colour sat nav. I have tried the search facility on here but just got more confused...

I have a "socket" in the centre console which I presume is for a phone
I don't think the car has built in blue tooth, so could I buy a cable to connect my iphone 5 to the socket in the console and if so what features would work and what wouldn't on my phone

sorry if its been done to death, BTW love my first MB:D

Regards
Nick

Saw a couple of leads that connect from the "socket£ in the console to an iphone on ebay, would these work?

If you could post a picture of the connection that would help identify it

It depends what options your car came with. Your local dealer should give you a print out of your car's spec. If it came with Bluetooth you don't need a cable. The cable tends to be to connect an iPod or equivalent.

Hi and welcome
if you want Bluetooth Hands free from your I5 and have the UHi pre wired phone connector in the arm rest you need one of these Viseoo MB-4 £199 and if you also want to stream music in decent sound quality via Bluetooth you will also require a small BT receiver (£7-12 ish) device as long as you have the AUX connector in the glove box which you more than likely do on that 57 plate, you can have both devices paired at the same time as they use different profiles to connect (coms & Audio) works great for me and no wires everywhere.

Here is a pic of the plug in the centre console and I also found a 3.5mm plug in the glove box
If I plug my iphone into the 3.5mm jack what will work on the phone?

Attachments

• sept 2013 pics 036.jpg
    sept 2013 pics 036.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 19
  • sept 2013 pics 037.jpg
    sept 2013 pics 037.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 20
Here is a pic of the plug in the centre console and I also found a 3.5mm plug in the glove box
If I plug my iphone into the 3.5mm jack what will work on the phone?

Yes that's a UHI socket. thefast1 has answered all you need to know. If your still unsure contact command online and they'll sort you out with everything you need.

Thanks all, have just read about the MB2/3 and 4, but don't know what a "small BT receiver device" is, I couldn't find anything similar on Command online or Ebay

Thanks for your patience, just ordered a Bluetooth receiver
Would a cable from the UHI with another Bluetooth receiver attached do the same job as an MB2 or 4?
And would the both receivers work (one in the aux plug and one attached via cable to the UHI ?
Nick

Hi the central armrest is a telephone prep connector for a cradle. Once the cradle is in place you can connect via Bluetooth via the usual pairing. I had a iPhone 3 cradle and as I upgraded to a iPhone 4 and 5 I couldn't put the phone in the cradle but I could still pair the phones (still have it kicking around somewhere!).

The glove box jack is just that. A playback jack for an MP3 player. Much use if the MP3 is in the glovebox. I got Comand Online to upgrade mine to a iPod cable then I could control the iPod using the steering buttons and it charged. The only slight negative is that the central
Speedo display didn't show full artist/ title. Otherwise it was good.

Cheers Blue, can you put your hands on the old cradle, and if so how much you looking for?
I don't spend a lot of time in the car so charging wont be an issue
Nick

Hi. Not sure how much the iPhone 3 cradle is worth now - a fair bit less than I paid for it! There is one for auction on eBay now - you might warn to bid for it too - I guess £20??

Hi all, newbie here, I have just bought my first MB a 57 plate clk 320 cdi
with command colour sat nav. I have tried the search facility on here but just got more confused...

I have a "socket" in the centre console which I presume is for a phone
I don't think the car has built in blue tooth, so could I buy a cable to connect my iphone 5 to the socket in the console and if so what features would work and what wouldn't on my phone

sorry if its been done to death, BTW love my first MB:D

Regards
Nick

If you want to use the iphone5 for music then you either need the Mercedes ipod kit for NT2 and a tune2Air bluetooth adapter for the 30 pin connection or you need the mCar UMI which happily works with an iphone 5 plugged into it.

the mCar will give you integrated bluetooth phone aswell but you have the UHI connection already so could use a viseeo MB4 for phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom