iphone 5s IOS 7.0.5 bluetooth not pairing with car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alidude

Car
CL63 AMG
I drive an '08 CL63 AMG, when I had an iPhone 4s the bluetooth paired with the car no problem. I upgraded to an iPhone 5s a few months ago and am now unable to pair the phone with the car. Mercedes had the car the whole of yesterday and they can't do it either, they say it's the IOS 7.0.5 which is the problem. (they even reimbursed me for the iPhone 5 cradle)
The car picks up the phone and asks me to enter a number which I do, then the phone asks for the number, I enter it and it then says there is a software problem on the car
Anybody else having this problem/got a solution?
Thanks for reading

Hmmm. My iphone 5 does not see 7.0.5 only 7.0.4. The article below says its a Chinese bug fix that you have installed. Have you tried a phone running 7.0.4?

Apple today released iOS 7.0.5 for the iPhone with a minor maintenance update to correct network provisioning in China for some iPhone 5s and 5c models sold in China, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Customers receiving iOS 7.0.5 outside of China will likely see no benefit from the update as it is designed to correct network provisioning within the country.

BfKmrJNIIAA47gP.png-large.jpg

The update, which arrives as Build 11B601, is only available for some models of the iPhone 5s and 5c sold in China and some European/Asia Pacific iPhone models compatible with China's networks (those that are identified as iPhone 5,4 and 6,2):

I'm still trying to fathom out how to download my contacts on to the system in my 58' c220 cdi.... Can't understand why my local m/b dealer seems less than helpful...

Hmmm. My iphone 5 does not see 7.0.5 only 7.0.4. The article below says its a Chinese bug fix that you have installed. Have you tried a phone running 7.0.4?

Apple today released iOS 7.0.5 for the iPhone with a minor maintenance update to correct network provisioning in China for some iPhone 5s and 5c models sold in China, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Customers receiving iOS 7.0.5 outside of China will likely see no benefit from the update as it is designed to correct network provisioning within the country.

BfKmrJNIIAA47gP.png-large.jpg

The update, which arrives as Build 11B601, is only available for some models of the iPhone 5s and 5c sold in China and some European/Asia Pacific iPhone models compatible with China's networks (those that are identified as iPhone 5,4 and 6,2):

correct was really for Chinese and don't think it is requesting this update on uk phones

I'm still trying to fathom out how to download my contacts on to the system in my 58' c220 cdi.... Can't understand why my local m/b dealer seems less than helpful...

The W204 C class with NTG4 audio-20/Comand will not (as you have found) load the contacts from an iphone. There are two possible solutions;

1). If you have comfort phone (option 386) then you can deploy a Bluetooth cradle such as the viseeo MB4 or the Mercedes HFP. This will read the contacts and pass them on to the head unit.

2). Transfer the contacts onto a phone that the head unit will read from. Something like an earlier Nokia. Make sure you store them on the head unit then go back to your iphone.

There isn't a software fix that will make the iphone upload straight to the head unit. It is not the IOS on the phone it is a limitation of NTG4.

Hmmm Bruce, can't understand the 7.0.5, I bought the phone from the Apple store in Norwich!! Just checked the wife's phone (which I bought in Amsterdam) and it's running 7.0.4!!!! I'll try hers in the car tomorrow.

Alzieboy, Mercedes installed the iPhone 5 cradle so I don't think I need an adapter, woulda thought the cradle would of taken care of that!

Cheers everybody

Hmmm Bruce, can't understand the 7.0.5, I bought the phone from the Apple store in Norwich!! Just checked the wife's phone (which I bought in Amsterdam) and it's running 7.0.4!!!! I'll try hers in the car tomorrow.

Alzieboy, Mercedes installed the iPhone 5 cradle so I don't think I need an adapter, woulda thought the cradle would of taken care of that!

Cheers everybody

Ahh..

If you bought from an Apple store they probably flash it with the latest and greatest. Can't really say anymore about the connection though. I have a Viseeo in mt C55 and that just works everytime.

kalvin928 said:
correct was really for Chinese and don't think it is requesting this update on uk phones

7.05. Did eventually come over but now 7.06 has reached here... May have to check to see if updating iphone wont cause pairing issues

Sent from my Mobile Device using MBClub UK

I am having exactly the same issue with my cl63 and my iphone 5. Car and phone find each other but want a pin code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom