IPhone 6 not working with media interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jfhuk

Car
W212 E350 diesel estate
Has anyone succeeded in get their iPhone 6 work as an IPod with the media interface? Mine just says "unsupported device" 8-(

The simple answer is no, I got the same message and have been told its due to the lightening plug. I just use the iPhone6 now as a phone connected via BT to my comand and have left a iPod classic connected to the MI via a MI lead.

Has anyone succeeded in get their iPhone 6 work as an IPod with the media interface? Mine just says "unsupported device" 8-(

Yes.

Two ways depending on what car/year.

If you have NTg 4.5 then all you need is this;
Iphone5/ipod5/iphone 6 Media Interface cable for A/B/C/CLS/E/GLK/SL/SLK /ML/GL | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

If its earlier you just need the standard 30 pin ipod cable for the media interface plus this;
ViseeO WMA1000 Tune2Air Bluetooth Audio Streaming iPod/iPhone Adapter | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

The cheap chinese 30 pin to lightning converters dont work for music playback.

I've got the Merc lightening connector cable but it won't work with an iPhone 6 (except as a phone charger). The media interface doesn't recognise it and just says "unsupported device" an iPhone 5 works fine.

I've got the Merc lightening connector cable but it won't work with an iPhone 6 (except as a phone charger). The media interface doesn't recognise it and just says "unsupported device" an iPhone 5 works fine.

Thats exactly what I tried and still get the same message :fail

Are you using a genuine Apple 30 pin to lightning connector? I know people sometimes get issues with the non-genuine ones.

Mine worked fine without any issues. Even the SMS support worked on the iPhone 6.

Are you using a genuine Apple 30 pin to lightning connector? I know people sometimes get issues with the non-genuine ones.

Mine worked fine without any issues. Even the SMS support worked on the iPhone 6.

Yup, same here...get the genuine Apple lead.

The cable was supplied by our friends at Command and it came in a Mercedes bag with part number and has the Mercedes logo on the lead.
Works great via Bluetooth for both calls and music, but the media interface on my W2012 refuses to play just saying "unsupported device". It's certainly iPhone 6 related as an iPhone 5 works fine.

Hmm are you saying that an Apple lightening to 30pin converter works? As I'm trying to use the Merc supplied media interface lightening cable..

Problem solved thanks to everybody for there help.

The answer is to connect the standard Mercedes media interface 30 pin Apple connector cable to an Apple 30-pin to Lightening connector cable.

You then connect that Apple cable to the iPhone 6. Everything then works perfectly.

It's the Merc lightening connector cable that causes the issues with the iPhone 6.

Mine works using the official Apple Lightning-30 Pin Adaptor.

Can't get my SMS notifications on Comand though!

Do you have "Show Notifications" turned on on the phone?

Settings>Bluetooth>MB Bluetooth

I saw that on another site & checked - I don't have a 'show notifications' option, I only have Sync Contacts, Phone Favourires, Phone Recents and All Contacts.

I've also tried it whilst the phone is both connected & disconnected from Comand.

The "Show Notifications" switch is only shown if the target Bluetooth device has a connection profile that supports it.

For example, the COMAND system in my wife's 2009 R171 SLK doesn't support SMS message display through the native Bluetooth connection and the Bluetooth settings page for my phone connection to that lists the same as yours, i.e. Sync Contacts, Phone Favourites, Phone Recents and All Contacts. However, the COMAND system in my 2012 W212 does support SMS message display and the Bluetooth settings page for my phone connection to that lists Show Notifications, Sync Contacts, Phone Favourites, Phone Recents and All Contacts.

It looks like your head unit doesn't support SMS message display through the native Bluetooth connection (note that it may do so through a prewire cradle though).

Thanks Phil - that makes sense as mine is a 2010 E Class Coupe. Only had it 3 days and LOVE it. Can't come up with a good name for 'him' yet though!

Will the iPhone 6 MB lead work instead of the lightning connector on this thread it's seems to be going backwards rather than forwards to me.
Also does it charge the phone as well both items?

My iPhone 6+ works with the media interface in my CLS with command ntg2.5, use the original iPod cable that comes with the media interface and then get the 30pin to lightening adapter from apple, works just like any other iPhone/device. Used the same setup with the iPhone 5

I also have the tune2air for use with my android phone or the iPhone if I don't need it charged.

On a 2015 facelift c class I had from a dealer recently the two USB ports in the arm rest can be used for both android and iPhones with full title and folder listings. Or you can use the Bluetooth media interface in that model.

jfhuk said:

Check which way round the plug is installed in the phone, I had that after an update recently but now it seems to work both ways again

I bought a 30 pin adaptor and bingo the phone now streams music and charges too.
Thanks for the help guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom