iphone 6 thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
Hi all my EE contract now finishing after 2 years, was originally T mobile unlimited but half way through it became EE and capped data to 2gb per month. its been ok, haven't really paid much attention to the superfast 4 ee speed it supposedly offers. Anyway I'm looking at iPhone 6 128gb, but tempted to buy it outright and use the giffgaff sim . Have already been using the giffgaff 3gb data plan with my Ipad and had no problems with it and fast enough for me. initially I know the cost is going to be high; I think 64GB is quoted at £619 so 128GB has to be around £750+ I would take a hunch that going on contract, be it an upgrade, the cost is still going to be around £250 and plans will be the top end of £45+ over 2 years.
Now I know looking the figures it makes sense to go for the 1st option but obviously initial purchase cost can be a put off but getting past this, the benefits are quite visible; phone will be already unlocked, upgrade when you want, much more flexibility if you need to change network etc. for what ever reason., and you have don't have to worry about networks suddenly capping data usage, increasing costs etc. In the 2 years I was with EE, they stopped unlimited data and I am sure there was at least 1 x price increase.

been on iPhones now since the 3g and really its just habit now for me and really the only thing that's kept me with the iPhone is the additional features that soon come available once a jailbreak comes out.... that's another story/ debate.

wife uses HTC one and got to say was very tempted but after reading recent reviews it seems iPhone 6 has reached another level as that its seen it will prise away android users

any thoughts please

I don't think it will prise away android users as it has probably caught up with some top end andriod handsets.

As for the phone, the iP6 is £619 for the 64GB and £699 for the 128GB. Personally, I would go for the ip6+ as the ip6 is underspecced by todays standard (display is not even full HD for the price), in my eye it's a con but that's my opinion.

As for the contract, if you want to buy outright, see if EE still do their 'supersim', it is a 12 month sim only deal, 4GB data for £22 a month BUT they were recently doing a deal where it was half price for 6 months AND you get 9GB instead of 4GB. After the 12 months, you will still get 9GB as long as you stay on the price plan.

I don't think it will prise away android users as it has probably caught up with some top end andriod handsets.

As for the phone, the iP6 is £619 for the 64GB and £699 for the 128GB. Personally, I would go for the ip6+ as the ip6 is underspecced by todays standard (display is not even full HD for the price), in my eye it's a con but that's my opinion.

As for the contract, if you want to buy outright, see if EE still do their 'supersim', it is a 12 month sim only deal, 4GB data for £22 a month BUT they were recently doing a deal where it was half price for 6 months AND you get 9GB instead of 4GB. After the 12 months, you will still get 9GB as long as you stay on the price plan.

cheers Bob, i have realised i have mirroring on my stereo so definitely want unlimited data now again, i have to cancel present contract on 07 October with 30 days notice, I have ordered giffgaff sim for now and will go for unlimited data and 250 mins. Will wait till the madness for iphone 6 has cooled down AND wait for jailbreak before buying this as iphone 5 still running great with 6.12 and works great with mirroring function and will now be able to have no worries of data usage with all the apps I have.

I accidently had data switched on the iphone with tom tom with traffic and didn't realise until all my 2gb data ran out after 7 days, using the giffgaff sim will stop the worrying and find signal is really great in and around Lond areas especially

I'm an iPhone user but have to admit if you look at the spec then it's nothing amazing...

View attachment 45832

yeah did see this, but as my above post will hold off until satisfied on certain credentials and carry on with Iphone 5 with a giffgaff sim with unlimited data plan. in a couple months we will hear more pros/ cons on the iphone 6 and will get a better idea if worthwhile purchase

I'm not a sheep, I will not buy any old tech (and I mean old) just cos it has a half eaten fruit label on it.

Iphone 6 still won't work with pre 2013 Comand Online I bet! :devil:

Three do a number of unlimited data sim only plans. I transferred onto one of these after coming out of a 2 year Vodafone contract on my iPhone 4. At the minute I pay £12pm which is on a 30 day rolling contract which gives unlimited texts, data & 200 mins call time.

It maybe worth having a browse on their website.

Three do a number of unlimited data sim only plans. I transferred onto one of these after coming out of a 2 year Vodafone contract on my iPhone 4. At the minute I pay £12pm which is on a 30 day rolling contract which gives unlimited texts, data & 200 mins call time.

will have a look, never had 3 but my cousin did but ended up terminating contract as wasn't impressed, gather things may be better now; will have a browse, thanks

They upped the minutes on the £12 contract to 250

Iphone 6 still won't work with pre 2013 Comand Online I bet! :devil:

yes this is the problem, when new iPhone comes out it runs parallel with new IOS and as with many cases it causes issues with associated products.... that's why I never update unless I have read reviews etc., best thing I did was stick with ios 6.12 jalbroken.... was tempted with the IOS update but its too much hassle for me due to the way the phone is set up

I use Three, it's something like £16 a month for unlimited data and 5000mins. The free roaming is the real seller for me as it is now Sitzerland, Austria, France, Italy and the U.S.

I am an iPhoner, but only buy them now and again (currently have a 4S) - I bought a 6 as I thought it was about time I treated myself but I buy the phone from Apple as it is cheaper long term. It should also arrive in the post tomorrow, I don't get the camp outside for a week mentality.

S

Well mines due tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to it - my work phone is a brand new note and i barely use any of the tech on it. I enjoy the iPhone for its simplicity of use, robust design and most of all I dont really like change when it comes to phones so iOS has always suited me.

I'm in 2 minds what to do tomorrow. I very nearly pressed the buy button on a 16gig 6 via the Apple Store App which would have been delivered tomorrow. Then I think should I go for the 64gig and by the time I mull it over they're on 3-4 week delivery. I'm half tempted to drive to the Apple Store to see if they have a 64 I can buy there and then, there won't be any camping out that's for sure.

For me I think the 6+ will be too big. I'm happy with the size of my 4S so even the 6 will be bigger. If I can't fit it in the front pocket of my jeans it's no good to me.

I'm in 2 minds what to do tomorrow. I very nearly pressed the buy button on a 16gig 6 via the Apple Store App which would have been delivered tomorrow. Then I think should I go for the 64gig and by the time I mull it over they're on 3-4 week delivery. I'm half tempted to drive to the Apple Store to see if they have a 64 I can buy there and then, there won't be any camping out that's for sure.

For me I think the 6+ will be too big. I'm happy with the size of my 4S so even the 6 will be bigger. If I can't fit it in the front pocket of my jeans it's no good to me.

It seems the more storage they bringout, the easier i fill it, on my iphone 5 im near capacity on 64gb so it would have to be 128gb this time, like you i went through order process on line, but at last moment held off. 3 weeks wait time on
o line orders at the moment

My 16gb 4S usually has 2.5gig free space give or take. I had to delete a whole load of stuff off last night to do the ios8 upgrade which needed just under 5gb to work its magic.

I don't keep any music on my phone but my logic is that as Apps become more complex and grow in size I will run out of space anyway.

I dont think any providers can change contract terms within the life of the contract now. If they do you can cease the contract with no penalty. (as of about 4 months ago iirc).

In terms of the iPhone 6... They are still playing catch up - nothing innovative, nothing new. I would look elsewhere for devices of higher spec with significantly lower contract rates. Note 4 perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom