iphone 6 thoughts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
be careful with updates, even though they normally add a host of new features and tweaks, it can make older units less responsive and really some would say its apples scrupulous way of making you upgrade to a newer unit... problem is with the newer stuff, once you have updated you cant downgrade again..... had an Ipad 1 and ran fine on older IOS but on the last update it runs out memory much faster than it used to and lags quite alot.....had this not been the case I would still be using this for work especially as it had been converted to run as a mobile phone as well.... kids now play around with it

I dont think any providers can change contract terms within the life of the contract now. If they do you can cease the contract with no penalty. (as of about 4 months ago iirc).

In terms of the iPhone 6... They are still playing catch up - nothing innovative, nothing new. I would look elsewhere for devices of higher spec with significantly lower contract rates. Note 4 perhaps?

yeah hope that's the case now, was a bit miffed when I got only 2gb, but like you said thinking is the iPhone REALLY worth £600+, will wait a few months to see how things pan out, with all previous units there have been certain 'issues' but probably not enough to hinder purchasing. think its the hype and people get embroiled in it,

I was really hesitant to update my 4S to iOS7 and it does slow down at points so will definitely not be updating any further.

In 2 years time the iphone 6 will be dog slow on iOSx

I feel sorry for anyone who ordered a 6 through Phones4u.

Wife has had the text she is getting hers tomorrow even though she was quoted 3-4 weeks yesterday! She is only going for 16gb as she will barely have 1gb of data.

I was really hesitant to update my 4S to iOS7 and it does slow down at points so will definitely not be updating any further.

In 2 years time the iphone 6 will be dog slow on iOSx

I feel sorry for anyone who ordered a 6 through Phones4u.

New iOS is normally built around the new device ready to be launched so optimsed for that. For this reason it can be slower on older models. iOS8 was released yesterday and reports say it's around 1GB and takes about an hour

Bear in mind that as of 24th Sep, Giffgaff are stopping unlimited data for £12. Their cheapest deal for unlimited will then be £20 per month. At this cost it is worth looking at sim only deals by 3, EE and Virgin.

I remember years ago when Apple shipped on different dates and people were buying iphones at minimum £100 above retail price. They still don't seem to have sorted out their stock as I believe UK stock is sold out and due back in 3-4 weeks. What I can't believe is that people are willing to pay stupid prices rather than wait....for an average product too.

Fair play to Apple, their marketing works.

Look on ebay, there are hundreds for sale, all arriving in the next day or so and all overpriced. Example :eek::confused::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Apple iPhone 6 64GB - Space Grey (Unlocked) | eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arrive-To...50569?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3ce873f269

jaymanek said:
I read you need 4.6 GB of free space to install it!?

Yep it is round about that. Mine failed the first time as even though I'd cleared enough space to allow the download to start it crashed during the install due to no space. Once it's installed it must delete the install files so you do get your space back.

Apparently If you do the update via iTunes connected to a PC it doesn't need the 4/5gig space.

Ian_Mac said:
Yep it is round about that. Mine failed the first time as even though I'd cleared enough space to allow the download to start it crashed during the install due to no space. Once it's installed it must delete the install files so you do get your space back. Apparently If you do the update via iTunes connected to a PC it doesn't need the 4/5gig space.

Correct, do the update through iTunes and no need to faff around with deleting stuff, still take an age to download though:(

I have a couple of handsets on Three on sim only deals, after negotiations with them we have them at £7.50 plus vat for unlimited data, 1000 texts and 250 minutes.

I have found Three to be the best coverage now, far better than O2 and EE overall around the UK.
Only sometimes on quiet A roads out in the sticks does it loose signal for a couple of minutes, but overall I have been impressed.

Appreciate the responses.... last post may have swayed me to getting Three sim... especially as I was unaware that giffgaff was changing tariffs and costs, which is a bit of a bummer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom