iPhone 6 with media interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63doc

Car
c63 amg 2010
Yes as per subject line I am trying to connect my iPhone 6 as a media player via the interface , I have a connector in glovebox including 30 pin to lightning adaptor on other end. 2010 model car. It's infuriating. My mini is able to connect but not my c63. Is there a software update or do I have to buy an archaic iPod to play my music through the interface . I get no device connected every time , however when connecting via usb I get a message on phone asking whether I want to allow this computer access to my phone which I don't get with the 30 pin adaptor. Either cable has no device connected via car menu

Last edited:
I bought an older iPod nano for my 2010 but only so I didn't have to plug in my phone every time and with the cable not being long it's a pain in the backside, however my iPhone 5 did work but since upgrading to the 6 last year, the 6 doesn't connect.

Best thing is to get an older nano etc cheap and put the same playlists on it, that way you can just leave the thing in the glovebox all closed up.

Probably what I was going to do to be honest , staggered though that Mercedes don't update the software to allow evolution of customers handsets etc

yeah although I've just had mine serviced but haven't checked if the phone works, only used the phone to listen to a new song on youtube etc anyway.

Does the 30 pin connector work? I found mine didn't connect to my iPod or iPhone 4s so had to buy a new 30 pin lead from Mercedes and a 30 pin to lightning lead from Apple. Works fine now though

Yes as per subject line I am trying to connect my iPhone 6 as a media player via the interface , I have a connector in glovebox including 30 pin to lightning adaptor on other end. 2010 model car. It's infuriating. My mini is able to connect but not my c63. Is there a software update or do I have to buy an archaic iPod to play my music through the interface . I get no device connected every time , however when connecting via usb I get a message on phone asking whether I want to allow this computer access to my phone which I don't get with the 30 pin adaptor. Either cable has no device connected via car menu

As your car is pre-facelift you have media interface version 1 which doesnt support using the genuine MI to lightninging lead that Mercedes supply.

The solution is to use the standard MI to 30 pin lead with a GENUINE Apple 30 pin to lightning converter.

As your car is pre-facelift you have media interface version 1 which doesnt support using the genuine MI to lightninging lead that Mercedes supply.

The solution is to use the standard MI to 30 pin lead with a GENUINE Apple 30 pin to lightning converter.

I have a March 2013 E class . Ntg4.5 with mi , my iPhone 4, connects perfect, I am about to upgrade to iPhone 6 , what cable will I need to buy, recently there have been a couple of forum members who have purchased the wrong cable, didn't want to do the same :dk:

yeah i've got the genuine apple one but doesn't work with the 6, 5 was fine.

Alfie I have done that, it doesn't recognise the phone

Thats odd because it does on my iphone 6!

You possibly have the wrong MI -> ipod cable in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom