iPhone 7plus connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarah.grandon

Car
Mercedes clk
Hi, I've a CLK 320 CDI. I have the armrest connection but all I want to do is to be able to connect phone to car to use ?? Not too bothered about music as use stereo?? Any help please I've seen these... wondering if this would work without wires everywhere??

Anker SoundSync Drive Bluetooth car handsfree receiver, for cars with AUX input (3.5mm) compatible with iPhone, Samsung, LG, HTC and all other Bluetooth devices. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0177T3OEU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Need some help please x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I've a CLK 320 CDI. I have the armrest connection but all I want to do is to be able to connect phone to car to use ?? Not too bothered about music as use stereo?? Any help please I've seen these... wondering if this would work without wires everywhere??

Anker SoundSync Drive Bluetooth car handsfree receiver, for cars with AUX input (3.5mm) compatible with iPhone, Samsung, LG, HTC and all other Bluetooth devices. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0177T3OEU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

Need some help please x

I have one in my car (I recommended it in one of your previous threads on this subject) and it's great. I have tucked the cables behind trim panels and you can't see them at all. Works a treat.

I have one in my car (I recommended it in one of your previous threads on this subject) and it's great. I have tucked the cables behind trim panels and you can't see them at all. Works a treat.

Which one is it ?? The one I posted?? It says it needs a USB connection?? Bit clueless with this to be honest?? Just want my phone to work and just plug and play... what's the connection in the armrest?? X

Which one is it ?? The one I posted?? It says it needs a USB connection?? Bit clueless with this to be honest?? Just want my phone to work and just plug and play... what's the connection in the armrest?? X

Yes that's the one. Just buy an adaptor to convert your car's cigarette lighter or 12v socket to a twin USB socket. Search eBay for Griffin USB 12v and you'll see what you need. Get a one with two USB sockets and you can charge your phone too :thumb:

Yes that's the one. Just buy an adaptor to convert your car's cigarette lighter or 12v socket to a twin USB socket. Search eBay for Griffin USB 12v and you'll see what you need. Get a one with two USB sockets and you can charge your phone too :thumb:

Thanks babes ... really appreciate the advice.. [emoji1303] x

You're welcome.

Do you have more than one cigarette lighter or 12v socket in your car? Perhaps one in the rear? If so you could use that, and tuck the cable up behind the centre console trim, which is what I did.

Just a final thought, do you have a jack plug in your glove box, like an earphone socket? You do need one for this type of set up. Feel inside your glovebox, on the sides, for a piece of plastic. It could be on either side depending upon the model.

You're welcome.

Do you have more than one cigarette lighter or 12v socket in your car? Perhaps one in the rear? If so you could use that, and tuck the cable up behind the centre console trim, which is what I did.

Just a final thought, do you have a jack plug in your glove box, like an earphone socket? You do need one for this type of set up. Feel inside your glovebox, on the sides, for a piece of plastic. It could be on either side depending upon the model.

I've got one cigarette lighter and I think I've got a earphone jack... I've attached a pic ????? [emoji848] x
2dd972ca2002e5e11b4905e329994a53.jpg
... the one on the left I think?? It's got a hole so definitely not a screw ?? X

That looks like the jack plug, so you're good to go.

On the Anker thingy, there are two cables, one plugs into that hole, the other plugs in to the USB adaptor, which in turn plugs in to the cigarette lighter.

I stuck the round thing, which is the controller and microphone, next to my left knee, low down on the centre console so there's only a small amount of cable visible, and that's low down and out of sight.

Whereabouts are you? A member in your area may be able to help you route the cables if you're not sure. It's very easy though and is very very unlikely to require any tools.

On the Anker thingy, there are two cables, one plugs into that hole, the other plugs in to the USB adaptor, which in turn plugs in to the cigarette lighter.

I stuck the round thing, which is the controller and microphone, next to my left knee, low down on the centre console so there's only a small amount of cable visible, and that's low down and out of sight.

Whereabouts are you? A member in your area may be able to help you route the cables if you're not sure. It's very easy though and is very very unlikely to require any tools.

That's great love... woo-hoo!! I'm in Southport .. right I'm ordering it now, thanks again you've really helped me ... such a little thing to be able to use your phone. It's been driving me mad and not paying silly money for the Mercedes one !! ... thanks lovely xx

That's great love... woo-hoo!! I'm in Southport .. right I'm ordering it now, thanks again you've really helped me ... such a little thing to be able to use your phone. It's been driving me mad and not paying silly money for the Mercedes one !! ... thanks lovely xx

Sorry if I'm being a pain ... would this work ??
Bluetooth Receiver, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output (Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, Built-in Microphone) for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System / Bluetooth Car Kits https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y29NXEA/?tag=amazon0e9db-21 xx

Sorry if I'm being a pain ... would this work ??
Bluetooth Receiver, Portable Wireless Audio Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output (Bluetooth 4.0, A2DP, Built-in Microphone) for Home Audio Music Streaming Sound System / Bluetooth Car Kits https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Y29NXEA/?tag=amazon0e9db-21 xx

Yes, it will work for music, but if you're using it for phone calls then I'm not sure how well the person you're calling will hear you, even if you leave the glovebox open it's still right on the opposite side of the car from you. You'll also need to either charge it up or run a USB cable.

Yes, it will work for music, but if you're using it for phone calls then I'm not sure how well the person you're calling will hear you, even if you leave the glovebox open it's still right on the opposite side of the car from you. You'll also need to either charge it up or run a USB cable.

Thanks love.. just saw it pop up on amazon and I thought ohhh.. will order the anker one .. [emoji4][emoji1303] xx

If your using an iPhone have you considered getting an aftermarket HU with CarPlay? It's expensive but worth it if your keeping the car :D

...full of excitement, with the kit to finally set up the Bluetooth, and the cable isn't long enough to connect from earphone jack to cigarette lighter... I'm devastated love ... what else can I do now! I'm gonna have to set up a just giving page for a MB bloody Bluetooth adapter!! [emoji19] x

...full of excitement, with the kit to finally set up the Bluetooth, and the cable isn't long enough to connect from earphone jack to cigarette lighter... I'm devastated love ... what else can I do now! I'm gonna have to set up a just giving page for a MB bloody Bluetooth adapter!! [emoji19] x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-cable-Kinps-Premium-Auxiliary/dp/B018S07CCM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501627288&sr=8-1&keywords=3.5+mm+jack+cable

One of these may help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom