iPhone bluetooth music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScoobyDooLondon

Car
Mercedes S320 CDI 2008
I use my iPhone connected via bluetooth for telephone use - is it possible to play YouTube or Music from the iPhone and have it sent to the head unit?

I have a 2008 W221.

Thanks

Have you got one of these in the glovebox:

8a5034b7e8376d36bf486d9bc06c3e70.jpg

If so just buy the appropriate cable and that's it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's like the W204 yes, just select Bluetooth on the headunit, I can stream whatever audio I have on via the cars system in mine

I think it comes to the Year and model of the head unit. I have a 2010 w204 and mine does not support playback.

jonnyboy82 said:
I think it comes to the Year and model of the head unit. I have a 2010 w204 and mine does not support playback. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the same year, select AUX (I don't think it actually says 'bluetooth') and then press play on the phone, it should come out the system

I'll have a look later if I get time, it doesn't work on everything i.e I think YouTube does, but Soundcloud doesn't etc

Mine is the same year, select AUX (I don't think it actually says 'bluetooth') and then press play on the phone, it should come out the system

I'll have a look later if I get time, it doesn't work on everything i.e I think YouTube does, but Soundcloud doesn't etc

Really? Hmm ok I'll have a go then. [emoji106]

jonnyboy82 said:
Really? Hmm ok I'll have a go then. [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely works somehow, I mainly use a dab receiver via the usb but I was waiting for a friend outside the gym once for ages, and I thought how cool it'd be to stream any music I want... eventually got it working and was chuffed :D

So with no adapter or interface plugged in your saying it works?

jonnyboy82 said:
So with no adapter or interface plugged in your saying it works? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep 100%

Not sure which version of headunit I have, it doesn't take DVD's, no disc changer, no flip out screen just the push button and the small cover slides up on the dashboard to see the screen

jonnyboy82 said:
So with no adapter or interface plugged in your saying it works? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh hang on- you have me thinking now. My phone may have been plugged in via headphone socket. It never is most of the time, but now I'm thinking I can't remember at that time if I plugged it in. I will check for you and confirm when I get chance

I use my iPhone connected via bluetooth for telephone use - is it possible to play YouTube or Music from the iPhone and have it sent to the head unit?

I have a 2008 W221.
Depending upon the particular car model, native Bluetooth audio streaming became supported by COMAND head units from around MY2011 so I don't believe your car will support it.

FWIW, for those head units that do support native Bluetooth audio streaming, you can stream audio from pretty much any iPhone app if you control it on the phone, but you can only control the Music app from the head unit.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try the Aux mode and see if that does the trick.

I do have a connector in the glovebox (I think its the old 30-pin iPod interface) but since I use an SD card, I've never really used anything other than the radio.

However, for occasional use it would be nice to be able to use bluetooth on the headset via phone.

I'll report back my findings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom