iphone connection in W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
Just bought an E320 CDI Sport Estate 2006 '56' facelift, and I have a couple of questions.

It has Comand and an aux plug in the glovebox. It also has telephone prewire.

I have an iphone 3GS and want to know firstly, can this connect to the telephone system if I buy the appropriate cradle. Or would it connect through a bluetooth device ( I have read about a viseeo?)
Secondly I would like to be able to listen to music from the iphone as well, via the steering wheel controls and comand.

So ro summerise I want to plug the phone in, be able to make and receive calls and play music from the phone at the same time.
Is it possible and what kit do I require?

Thank for any help (Alfie?) :thumb:

Comand Online Ltd :: Phone Cradles & Adapters

For bluetooth connection you can use the ViseeO (wont charge the phone) or the Mercedes Iphone 3G cradle (will also charge the phone) plus you will need the Ipod kit or Media Interface to play music from the phone.

Last edited:
Sounds like you'll need the iPhone cradle if you want to play music from it, but be warned although the cradle has 'Bluetooth' you can't make/take calls from the iPhone unless you actually put it in the cradle. I had the cradle previously but now have the HFP which works fully with the iPhone via Bluetooth.

You will need the following;

1). W211 E class ipod kit.
2). Mercedes iphone 3g(S) phone cradle with interface.
3). Interface cable to connect 1) & 2) together.

About 2 hours spare time to fit the ipod kit and the cable.

No coding required.

Alfie, wont go over the iphone issue again, as i can read between the previous, however, is there an idiots guide to connecting and installing, items 1 and 2 together

Alfie, wont go over the iphone issue again, as i can read between the previous, however, is there an idiots guide to connecting and installing, items 1 and 2 together

Item 1 I can provide instructions for. Item 2, it just clips in to place.

I was in someone's BMW the other day and the iPhone just worked straight off - just a direct bluetooth link to the car radio.

I guess MB's approach is good for Alfie though!

I was in someone's BMW the other day and the iPhone just worked straight off - just a direct bluetooth link to the car radio.

I guess MB's approach is good for Alfie though!

I guess you mean the iPhone played music over BT on a BMW with standard equipment? BT HF is supported on all (almost all?) current MB models too but audio streaming over BT may not exist, the UMI/Navigation 20 kit supports BT audio streaming but this is an accessory.

Is there a BMW from 2002 (like a W211) that would support BT audio streaming?

Alfie, i have an E class 320CDI, 2004, what parts do i need for my iphone 3GS to work

AFAIK, the Iphone won't do Bluetooth audio streaming.

I have the MB bluetooth device in my car, and my iPhone connects to it without problems.. It also downloads the phonebook, and I can make calls via the steeringwheel buttons... Will of course not play music unless I connect it to the AUX in the glove box...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom