iPhone connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymorris325

Car
C220 Sport
Hi all, apologies as I'm new here, I have searched the site but cannot really find any answers that help, basically I have a 2008 C220i sport, it has built in sat Nav and Bluetooth hands free, in the glove box there is an iPhone 4 (30 pin connector) and an aux cable, this iPhone cable looks to be connected via red/white connectors behind the glove box, in honesty it looks like a diy job from the previous owner, i have brought the official Apple 30 pin to 5 pin connector for my 5s but it doesn't work. In the centre console I have, what I believe to be the cradle holder point.

I'm wondering if I can buy a cradle to link my phone to purely for charging purposes? Or indeed if there's anyway I can connect my phone other than an six cable to play music on it through the car ?
At present I am debating attempting to install a iPhone dock in the ashtray to stand my phone in but so it can still close and then just use the aux cable from the glovebox to plug into the top but it would be nice to control the phone through the cars system of its possible ?

Thanks for any help in advance and again apologies if this is posted in the wrong area etc. once she's clean I will get some pics up :)

Have a look at what Brodit do, not cheap but quality, the phone dock here is a iPhone 4 dock I modified to iPhone 5 style to save a few pennies but their taylored car mounts are great!

Attachments

• image-3739066778.jpg
    image-3739066778.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom