iphone cradle for Vito Sports X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Weybridge

Car
SL55 AMG
Dear All.

Has anyone got a dedicated iphone cradle for the Vito Sports X built in phone kit. This is rather than using a blue tooth kit?

I 've just collected a new Sports X and the cradle was in the car but i had no explanation of how it work and it seems to simply want to fall off the existing built in cradle? Basically the adaptor to take the iphone feels like it wants to slip of the built in cradle.

Your comments are very welcome.

Dear All.

Has anyone got a dedicated iphone cradle for the Vito Sports X built in phone kit. This is rather than using a blue tooth kit?

I 've just collected a new Sports X and the cradle was in the car but i had no explanation of how it work and it seems to simply want to fall off the existing built in cradle? Basically the adaptor to take the iphone feels like it wants to slip of the built in cradle.

Your comments are very welcome.

The iphone cradle clips onto the UHI connection very securely.

The pairing/installation instructions can be found on Richards website here;
http://www.mercupgrades.com/manuals/cradles/iPhone-cradle-manual.pdf

iPhone adaptor

Dear Alfie.

Thank you so much for the info. The cradle as you describe just needed clipping in properly, I didn't want to force it!

The system is working perfectly. The cradle adaptor I have has the iPod intergration cable (on the side) with it. Have you had the intergration system fitted to take advantage of the iPod facilities on the iPhone, and if so would you recommend it? Presumably MB would be the preferred fitters too?

Best wishes

pete

Dear Alfie.

Thank you so much for the info. The cradle as you describe just needed clipping in properly, I didn't want to force it!

The system is working perfectly. The cradle adaptor I have has the iPod intergration cable (on the side) with it. Have you had the intergration system fitted to take advantage of the iPod facilities on the iPhone, and if so would you recommend it? Presumably MB would be the preferred fitters too?

Best wishes

pete

Yes the cable interfaces to an MB ipod kit. It works really well and allows the phone to be used as an ipod and a phone in the one device. Cable costs about £39.

It is in fact a DIY fitting in my opinion depending on how technically minded you are of course.

Hi Alfie,

Thanks for that, my only concern is that i'd have to drill through the dashboard to access the command cables as the fly lead connected to the iphone adaptor plate is very short.

Also do you know what the AUX socket in the glove box is for...ipod via headphone socket maybe?

Pete

Hi Alfie,

Thanks for that, my only concern is that i'd have to drill through the dashboard to access the command cables as the fly lead connected to the iphone adaptor plate is very short.

Also do you know what the AUX socket in the glove box is for...ipod via headphone socket maybe?

Pete

The interface lead connects to an IPOD interface kit not to comand. You can easily drill a small cutout for the cable to route through. You dont need a massive slot as the phone holder unbolts and the cable can route through the same way as the cables do for the phone system.

The AUX socket will allow you to play any music source through the comand by simply connecting up a 3.5mm male to male jack lead.

Thanks for that....

I'll look into the ipod kit but i think i'll get this fitted as i'm pretty technical in some ways but this is something i don't want to spoil as the Van is brand new!

Dear Alfie,

I've read several threads which all comment on how good you guys are at fitting. Could I ask you to call me when you get a chance to discuss fitting the iPhone adaptor kit so I can use the iPod function into the command? Would you like a email or mobile number?

Also Mercedes at Heathrow recommended a company called SVS to retrofit reverse parking sensors. Have you come across them or know if the retro fit is generally successful, especially with colour coded bumpers?

Best wishes

Dear Alfie,

I've read several threads which all comment on how good you guys are at fitting. Could I ask you to call me when you get a chance to discuss fitting the iPhone adaptor kit so I can use the iPod function into the command? Would you like a email or mobile number?

Also Mercedes at Heathrow recommended a company called SVS to retrofit reverse parking sensors. Have you come across them or know if the retro fit is generally successful, especially with colour coded bumpers?

Best wishes

emai me on [email protected] with your chassis number.

I have not heard of SVS myself so cannot comment on their performance. I would imagine that they will offer the quickparc system which is an audilbe parking sensor. Its not quite the same as full parktronic which has displays front and back but then the price wont be the same either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom