iPhone Input Into W211 COMAND; Two Questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I've just uploaded the 'Sky Go' app for my iPhone 4 and was wondering is it possible to connect it to my COMAND so that I can watch Sky Sports/Movies etc?

I have the 'full fat' COMAND; digital TV and DVD etc.

Also, I have the Bluetooth module bullet looking thing and was wondering if I can play songs from my phone through the Bluetooth connection?

Thank you in advance.

The phone system is seperate to the music system, so no chance of bluetooth music.

Now, as you have TV tuner, the TV tuner has 2 AUX audio/video inputs, with RCA (phono) plugs for left, right and composite video.

So you can connect your iPhone to it, and select AUX from your TV menu and you'll get the video out of the iPhone/iPod on it.

The issue you have is that the TV tuner is in the back (below the navigation drive) and you'll want the iPod in the front, so you need a long extension cable, and an iPod 3.5mm -> 3-RCA AV lead of course.

Cheers

Richard

Could I just buy a cheap iPod and leave it in the car, in the boot?

You can't control it then, as its just an AUX input. I dont actually know whether you could control it with an apple remote control and an IR repeater though

Richard

Thanks for that Richard.

Would I not be able to play the 'Sky Go' app through my Aux and watch live streaming of certain Sky channels?

No as the aux input is just audio. You need to connect to the tv tuner.

Sweetpea you could potentially get an iPod touch/iPhone wit an A/V cable for the back and then use another iPod/iPhone to control it from the front via wi-fi. There's a multitude of other things this would allow you to do, like Airplay, if you jailbreak both devices.
Happy to discuss the opportunities with you on or offline. There's other opportunities using an Apple TV/TV2 but they would be more involved.

I also have a rear tv screen with the Aux point, would it be possible to plug my iPhone into that?

Is it part of the COMAND or a separate unit? To plug into any AV system you just need the relevant AV cable from Apple. They do a few different ones depending on the connectivity of the AV kit.

the problem will still be signal for the app on the move wont be very good!

i retrofitted digtal tuner, signal is naff on the move so dont bother with it, waste of time unless im waiting in a car park for someone!

I've just found an iPod Aux point in my glovebox when I was cleaning it today!

Result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom