Iphone integration into Comand 2.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gtvlusso

Car
Bicycle and a couple of ML's
Hi All,

Just wanted to say - I have managed it with parts:

Car Audio & Security: Car Stereo, Speakers & Subwoofers, Car DVD Players, GPS and CD Changers

Plugged into the aux connector on my Comand 2.0. and into one of these for video:

Interface Adapter Mercedes Comand 2.0 and APS2 on eBay (end time 04-Sep-10 15:28:19 BST)

I also installed:

http://www.drivesafeandlegal.co.uk/brodit/holders/Apple/iPhone+3GS/915246.htm

With:

IM4991 No-Holes Dash Bracket Mercedes ML-Class 98-05 on eBay (end time 17-Sep-10 10:06:29 BST)

Luckily, I already had a Nokia CK-7W installed and working previously - so the iPhone, just bluetooths to that for phone calls.

However, we can now have video and music via the iPhone line out into the comand system and displayed on our necvox screen in the back of the vehicle - handy for kids and no more DVD cases floating about in the car! We still have the DVD function - so I am able to play different video in the front of the vehicle as opposed to what is being played in the rear.

We also have a freeview tuner ramped in too - thats plays front and rear, very useful when the rugby world cup was on and my wife insisted on going shopping!

I have some photos of the installation (as it happened!) if anyone feins interest!

It was non damaging and pretty simple in the ML W163

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom