Iphone IOS 4 and contacts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Typical Apple. Their BT installation is pants, probably because Steve Jobs didn't "invent" it. The multitasking is pretty pants to, basically Apple decides who gets to play and who just gets parked.

Yes, avoid it until someone says its fixed !!

I upgraded, and havent noticed what the multi-tasking does for me in 4.0. The 'folders' feature is quite nice if you have loads of apps. (You can put all the 'games' in a folder, the folder names are fixed to the category of the app) - but having working contact transfer is much better than not.

Richard

Slightly off topic, but you can re-name the folders .. just hold the folder till everything 'wiggles' , then open the folder, click on the title, and edit it :)

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to OS v4.01 today and the problem isn't fixed. I guess we'll have to wait for v4.10.

Kind regards,

Steve

I will take a firmware update from Mercedes to fix it, every bluetooth kit has been the same with phone upgrades.

MB will do nothing.. It was Apple who changed the software.

I know that, however, I have had this with Sony phones, Nokias and now twice with iPhones, and every time it has taken a firmware update from Parrot or Bury or the car manufacturer to get it working again, the phone companies just shrug their shoulders and say "well our kit still works fine."

So, as annoying as it is, you will need to get onto Mercedes to get a firmware out to sort this.

Don't hold your breath. Apple's implementation of and support for Bluetooth is notoriously bad.

I know that, however, I have had this with Sony phones, Nokias and now twice with iPhones, and every time it has taken a firmware update from Parrot or Bury or the car manufacturer to get it working again, the phone companies just shrug their shoulders and say "well our kit still works fine."

So, as annoying as it is, you will need to get onto Mercedes to get a firmware out to sort this.

Mercedes cant and wont be able to fix this. Its an Apple problem not a Mercedes one.

Apple changed the S/W from 8 bit Ascii to 16 bit UTF. They did this once before in version 2 and then fixed it later in V3.

:mad:
Hmm!
I got forced into restoring my iphone because some crappy app made it lock up.

Only option was to upgrade the firmware to ver 4, and now hit with this issue that it won't download the contact names to my iphone cradle.

Just got off the phone to Apple customer services (LOL!) and they said it was a known issue, but that if the car manufacturers want their products to be compatible then THEY need to keep up with the software developments.

how rich is that!!

Everything that's been said about their arrogance is absolutely true!

can't believe it!
:ban:

If they had a decent implementation of Bluetooth profiles this wouldn't happen. I'm considering switching to a Samsung Galaxy S, an Android phone with true multitasking and an SAP BT profile! Anyone know if it works with the MB BT SAP puck?

If they had a decent implementation of Bluetooth profiles this wouldn't happen. I'm considering switching to a Samsung Galaxy S, an Android phone with true multitasking and an SAP BT profile! Anyone know if it works with the MB BT SAP puck?

I wouldnt hold your breath...In my experience its only Nokias with SAP profile that work well with the V2 SAP cradle and a few Blackberrys plus the Nokia's with the V3 cradle.

Does anyone know if the HTC Desire works 100% with Merc bluetooth units??

My iPhone 4 works absolutely fine with my COMAND in my E350. I already had my contacts on there from my Nokia, so when I swapped phones I didn't try importing contacts. However I gave it a go the other day after needing a few new contacts off my phone.

It worked spot on first time.

I wouldnt hold your breath...In my experience its only Nokias with SAP profile that work well with the V2 SAP cradle and a few Blackberrys plus the Nokia's with the V3 cradle.

I know, I know... It's just that it does list SAP as a BT profile. There's no mention of it in the manual though, which can't be a good sign. Android is so much better than iPhone OS though and of course knocks spots off of Symbian. Maybe the N8 with Symbian^3 will address that but release is September. I need some new toys!

Blue tooth kit

Sorry to crash the thread but I purchased the genuine MB Bluetooth kit which fitts in the centre console. All works fine with the blackberry but I want to pair my iPhone 4 now . The MB dealer said it's in the instructions. Fine but the instructions are all different languages and non English. Help please

Cheers Andy

Any more news on the MB-2 and iPhone 3gs (with os4)
(contacts download)

iOS4 on 3GS contacts sync problem

Dear all,

I am new to this forum.

It was reported yesterday on a German forum that on Friday 23 July MB in Germany released a software patch to it's dealers so they could update the software embedded in its iPhone 3G/3GS cradle (part number A2048203951).

Apparently, for the dealership to be able to do this on a client's car, the dealership workshop would need to have available:
1. a Star Diagnosis machine with software version 07/10 plus AddOn 1543 on the Star Diagnosis machine
2. the test/programmer adapter with part number W203589076300 must be available;
3. with this setup, the SW 27/10 update can be uploaded to the cradle via the adapter referred to sub 2. above.

With this software update, the cradle should now be able to upload the iPhone contact list to the head unit.

I have not been able to verify this intel but I hope it makes sense to the more technically advanced ladies and gents on this forum.

Regards,

Otto

That's good news for iPhone 3 cradle owners. Looks like Viseeo users will have to wait for them to update the software as it is increasingly unlikely Slackle will do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom