Iphone IOS 4 and contacts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just a quicky...had a sap module in the gl, (wifes car) nokia worked great but when I gave her my old iphone(3gs) noworky!..also, my c estate same prob....Bought 2 of the HFP units on ebay for £120squid a go and perfect working on both cars with 3GS and my iphone4...contacts transfer and even signal strength shown on the command display

so, get the mk1 hfp and it works simples! ps 3gs on os3.1 as os4 was TOOOOOOO slow and iphone 4 on os4.1

thanks to prev posters for your info.

Richard, so does that mean if I want to buy a new Viseeo I have to specify "for iPhone use"? Does it also mean that that Viseeo is useless if I want to use it with any other phone?

You can switch between software versions on the viseeo (by updating it with your PC!) but its a pain if you regularly use more than one type phone with the Viseeo.

We are still pushing apple for a fix to this debarcle.

Apparently according to a post on the apple forum the the os 4.1beta3 update has fixed the problem and they if it is at beta 3 stage it should be released soon so lets hope it comes quick and solves the problems

If I pair the phone on the NTG2.5 Audio 20, by doing it from the TEL menu, and getting the car to search for the phone, and not by putting the car into 'being found by device' type mode, and then download the contacts they are all fine.

I don't have the convenience phone system as I retrofitted the NTG2.5, but have you all tried doing that??

So a simple bluetooth connection direct to head unit.

iPhone OS 4.0.2 released, wonder if this will restore the Contact sync?

I was wondering that. According to Apple it is to fix the rather serious PDF flaw that allowed one to jailbreak iPhones remotely..

Posted by my Android.

I was wondering that. According to Apple it is to fix the rather serious PDF flaw that allowed one to jailbreak iPhones remotely..

Posted by my Android.

That's a clever phone! :D

Posted by my Android.

That and I suspect to stop people jailbreaking!

D'accord. Just when I am about to daybreak my iPhone tin an attempt to make it more useful!

Posted by my Android.

IOS 4 contacts issue fixed.

I have just had a customer confirm to me that the contacts download issue has been fixed by Apple in IOS 4.1. This customer has access to beta3 release of IOS 4 and tested it. So the rest of us just have to wait for Apple to release it!

So we've jumped from IOS 4.02 to 4.1? In the meantime I've fallen for the Galaxy S. However both phones suffer from bad GPS performance when mounted on a Brodit clip on the dashboard, directly under my infra-red coated windscreen. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Problem solved. Downloaded an app from the Android market that lets me connect to a remote GPS receiver via BT and place the latter in the rear armrest, where it gets a better signal than my Nokia, iPhone 4 or the Galaxy ever could!

Nope not yet.

I spoke with an iphone APP developer yesterday who has 4.1 Beta 3 on his phone and he doesnt know either.

I am sending regular emails to them about this and have a feeling that as Beta 3 has been out a short while, it wont be long now.....I hope.

More water muddying....I just sold my tomtom iphone cradle on ebay as I got an iphone 4, the buyer couldn't get it to work with his iphone 3 (with ios4) tomtom hadn't a clue why.
so he downgraded his software to os3, connected to the tomtom cradle...all working so far THEN updated to ios4 and voila.....works fine.

just wondered if anyone with ios4 on an iphone 3 has tried that??? ie pair on ios3 then do the upgrade to the os.

for what its worth, the HFP bluetooth module pairs and transfers fine with an iphone 4 and an iphone 3 (on ios3) the prob is just with ios4 on an iphone 3.

More water muddying....I just sold my tomtom iphone cradle on ebay as I got an iphone 4, the buyer couldn't get it to work with his iphone 3 (with ios4) tomtom hadn't a clue why.
so he downgraded his software to os3, connected to the tomtom cradle...all working so far THEN updated to ios4 and voila.....works fine.

just wondered if anyone with ios4 on an iphone 3 has tried that??? ie pair on ios3 then do the upgrade to the os.

for what its worth, the HFP bluetooth module pairs and transfers fine with an iphone 4 and an iphone 3 (on ios3) the prob is just with ios4 on an iphone 3.

The problem is also with IOS 4 on an iphone 4 and an iphone 3GS using HFP.

Hi all,
Just thought I would let you know of my success.
I have just bought a 07 CLK Sport cab. I purchased the viseeo MB2 to connect an Xperia X10 and an IPhone 4.
The Xperia connected straight away as per the viseeo instructions with no problems. The IPhone got as far as "paired" but then would not transfer the phone book.
I updated the viseeo bluetooth software using the viseeo update platform programme with the update found at this link
http://www.itjustworks.co.uk/viseeo-mercedes-bluetooth-help-support.htm
IPhone 4 works a treat now and has synched and transferred the address book.
(Xperia X10 still connects OK)
Hope this helps someone else - it certainly worked for me

Last edited:
Alfie, my iPhone4 works perfectly with the HFP its on 4.02 os....am I just lucky??????

You must have an earlier HFP (type 1). Its the current HFP that it doesnt work with sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom