iphone mozzilla thunderbird email

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
For you tech whizzes

Having recently acquired a 16GB iphone I'm finding it less than straightforward to set it to get emails pushed from Thunderbird which I use as my email programme. Is it possible to do this, or do I need to get some different software?

TIA

Ade

Why do you want to push it from thunderbird?

Is the account not simply POP or IMAP?

Why do you want to push it from thunderbird?

Is the account not simply POP or IMAP?

Yes it POP, think I'm getting my wires crossed. Am trying to enable the system but can't get my details accepted - need to call IT bod..

Cheers

Ade

If your company has RPC over HTTP enabled on their exchange servers, then you can have push email on your iPhone. I've just set this up on my iphone and I get instant email - you just need to make sure that your iphone is also set to 'push' in the 'Fetch New Data' setting under the iPhone settings.

Ade who is your email provider? The bit after the @??

Thanks for input guys, message has been left with my web bod who is based in Madrid.... we seem to have some sort of password issue (ie. I may have forgotten it..)

service provider is horde we have our company name as the domain.

we're a small company, there is no fancy IT installation and the above was set up through our website designers..

Will update when sorted.. :eek:

Ade

Ade we use horde - its an open source email client; thats not our provider though. However i do know that we use different ports to the standard ones which allows our mail to be popped. You may have trouble because of this.

Are you sing an SME server by chance?

Are you sing an SME server by chance?

No idea what our server is. IT man is proving elusive which is unusual. Should be sorted soon. Thanks anyway.

Ade

Sorted now, something to do with the SSL needing to be disabled.. :crazy:

I can now pick up spam messages all day long on the move. :D

Ade

I'd switch to IMAP if at all possible - that way your sent mail will appear on all devices. I'd also make sure you have decent server-side spam filtering to reduce the amount of junk you get on the iPhone

Nick Froome
www.pvision.co.uk

I'd switch to IMAP if at all possible - that way your sent mail will appear on all devices. I'd also make sure you have decent server-side spam filtering to reduce the amount of junk you get on the iPhone

Nick Froome
www.pvision.co.uk

It seems it is set to IMAP..

Must check desktop settings tomorrow..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom