iPhone Playing through Audio 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dktom

Car
VW Passatt 2.0 TDI Sport
I have a question please. I understand that the Audio 20 System in new C class cars has an iPhone / iPod connector so music can be played through the system. So with this in place, when the phone rings then once the phone is paired via bluetooth the phone can be answered from the steering wheel controls and the call can be finished again from the steering wheel control. Once it has presumably the music starts again.

If the system has the Becker map pilot installed presumably the same thing happens ? although if audio map instructions are selected this cuts in over the audio.

Hope someone can help me with this question. Thanks in advance. :cool:

As far as I am aware iPod and iPhone functionality with Audio 20 would require the additional Media Interface. You can however play music wirelessly over Bluetooth from your iPhone. You would not be able to browse your music collection from the system though but track info is displayed and you can skip forward and back from the steering wheel.

Hi on my 2011 facelift model (sport) I use the Bluetooth connection with my i phone. I can stream music from the phone, play list is displayed. Have hands free calls and even better, have my work blackberry connected as the hands free phone and still stream music from my I phone.

The audio set up as you if you want to connect visa BT which is Bluetooth and as long as your I phone is paired with the system you can play the music from your phone and use the steering wheel of system control to change tracks.

I've played music via the phone even when led in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hi on my 2011 facelift model (sport) I use the Bluetooth connection with my i phone. I can stream music from the phone, play list is displayed. Have hands free calls and even better, have my work blackberry connected as the hands free phone and still stream music from my I phone.

The audio set up as you if you want to connect visa BT which is Bluetooth and as long as your I phone is paired with the system you can play the music from your phone and use the steering wheel of system control to change tracks.

I've played music via the phone even when led in the boot.

Would playback via bluetooth work on a blackberry aswel?

It's the essentially the same connection right?

Sure will

Marvelous, I have never used a message board before and I have to say I really apreciate hearing from those in the know. Superb, thanks.

It's good to hear that the Merc Audio 20 works well, I don't take delivery of my C220 until mid Nov, so hearing info like this makes me think I won't miss my current 320d MSport so much.

Cheers for the info, iPhone music streaming here I come!

:-/

Please take into account that audio quality via a BT connection (max. 192kbps bit rate) is not as good as USB (max. 320kbps bit rate) or AUX (analog).

In addition to everything else that has been mentioned, there is also the facility to use a USB stick, there is a USB port inside the centre arm rest. I have 32gb stick this holds literally thousands of tracks. The menu system lets you choose which tracks/albums to play and displays the track that is displaying. If you like your music it's a brilliant facility. This port is in all the new C Class cars

In addition to everything else that has been mentioned, there is also the facility to use a USB stick, there is a USB port inside the centre arm rest. I have 32gb stick this holds literally thousands of tracks. The menu system lets you choose which tracks/albums to play and displays the track that is displaying. If you like your music it's a brilliant facility. This port is in all the new C Class cars

Does it play playlists, like m3u or pls?

Sorry don't know the answer to that. I just make my own file directory and copy and paste the tracks where I want them. Either whole albums or play lists

No worries, when I pick the car up, I'll do some tests.
If I can't rerofit a comand type HDD, then I'll fit a 500gb 2.5 USB drive and make some playlists (if these are read correctly).

Anyone point me in the direction of how to get music playing through bluetooth for the older audio 20 system. I've got the folding comand system in my 2010 cgi 180.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom