iPhone SMS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bloke

Car
C200 CDI Sports Edition 125
According to Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity, my 61 reg C class should be able to read the sms from an iPhone 5s

Can anyone with an iPhone and a similar age car confirm this as I do not seem to be able to read any SMS

on iphone go to settings/ Bluetooth /MB Bluetooth tap the blue i / enable show notifications . give it a go it worked for me :thumb:

on iphone go to settings/ Bluetooth /MB Bluetooth tap the blue i / enable show notifications . give it a go it worked for me :thumb:

When on MB Bluetooth click on the round Cogg and enable "Sync Contacts" for phonebook and "enable Notifications" for SMS

Thanks, I get notifications, but sadly it does not actually read older SMS (unlike some Android).

Looks like I will be returning the iPhone and going back to Android

Bloke said:
Thanks, I get notifications, but sadly it does not actually read older SMS (unlike some Android). Looks like I will be returning the iPhone and going back to Android

I had this problem. But after activating 'show notifications' under Bluetooth setting on my iPhone SMS messages would show up as an envelope on the dash.

You need to then navigate to 'phone' then to SMS to read. I can't remember if you can navigate direct to the envelope.

62 plate eclass and Iphone5 here. If you get the envelopes and have command with Lingatronic you can voice command "telephone" and "read SMS" without going into the menu's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom