Iphone unlocking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivandraganov

Hi everyone,has anyone unlocked iPhone 5 using one of those websites on the net.Cheers

I unlocked an AT&T locked iPhone4s, worked a treat.

Mind, the provider will unlock it for free (in most cases), but it was a pain getting hold of the right department at AT&T from the UK.

Also, both the providers and the websites will only unlock handsets that are out-of-contract.

What network are you on? Most will do in or out contract for a price. O2 and EE have a form online. EE is 8 or 9 quid, Three was £15 last time I looked. Independent phone shops cost a lot more for an imei unlock due to their costs.

I've always just unlocked mine ( when passing them on to family members at the end of my contract ) by putting the new SIM card in and syncing/activation via iTunes .

Its locked to EE,and perhaps I have to use high street shop...

Hi everyone,has anyone unlocked iPhone 5 using one of those websites on the net.Cheers

Like others have said plenty of ways to unlock the phone. However a little known fact. Once an unlocked phone has another SIM card put in it will the re lock itself to that network requiring the unlocking process all over again if you were to change networks for whatever reason.

-Ian said:
Like others have said plenty of ways to unlock the phone. However a little known fact. Once an unlocked phone has another SIM card put in it will the re lock itself to that network requiring the unlocking process all over again if you were to change networks for whatever reason.
That has never been the case for me

^^This is the best and cheapest way for you

Its locked to EE,and perhaps I have to use high street shop...

Will be a lot more expensive

This is not true. iPhones are provided either sim free (via Apple etc) or they are locked/will lock to the first sim out in. This allows Carphonewarehouse etc to keep stock that is not network specific. Some say that these that lock on first sim can be factory reset and then will accept the first sim inserted and 'relock' to that network, mixed views in this though.

If a handset is IMEI unlocked via the network or other means, it's IMEI is updated via Apple's servers and will remain unlocked regardless of updates or sims inserted.

I bough a package and it was a real faff. I couldn't get it to work so in the end asked for my money back.

I then went to the service provider, gave them my details and they unlocked it for me for free! Vodafone have a page on their site requesting the relevant details, although I think I got charged s small amount on that occasion.

ee charge £10 to unlock your phone as long it's registered on their system with them and your out of contract , 3 network unlock for free if your phone was brought before April 2014 ... Hope this helps too ,, also it's completely unlocked and not having to worry that when you plug into I tunes it will go back to factory setting ( like a lot of theses 3rd hand companies do when they unlock them )

Thanks everybody,filled unlocking form on the EE site cost is 8.99£.Some of high street robbers quoted up to 80£ for unlocking...

Thanks everybody,filled unlocking form on the EE site cost is 8.99£.Some of high street robbers quoted up to 80£ for unlocking...

I see your point but the high street 'robbers' do have very high trade prices and make around a fiver depending on their server supplier.

Once done just plug into iTunes and you are good to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom