iPhone USB Connection - 2017 C Class with Command - Schoolboy Errors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeterCee

Car
C43 Saloon 2017
My 2017 C Class has a command system with two USB ports in the central cubby hole.

Like many others, I have been unable to get my iphone to play music via either of the USB ports 'actvating device' and 'no playable media found' is all I could get despite swapping leads, using apple music, updating ios and many of the other suggestions to be found if you trawl the internet.

The answer however is quite simple:

1 - Get the music playing on your iphone (via the iphone speakers)before you plug it in.
2 - plug it in to the usb port with a standard lightning to usb lead, whilst it is still playing
3 - the music mutes, the phone is recognised, music plays via the command media system.

Whilst I feel a bit stupid admitting this - the above information may be of use to others struggling with this.

Wouldn't it be easier to use Bluetooth?

My 2017 C Class has a command system with two USB ports in the central cubby hole.

Like many others, I have been unable to get my iphone to play music via either of the USB ports 'actvating device' and 'no playable media found' is all I could get despite swapping leads, using apple music, updating ios and many of the other suggestions to be found if you trawl the internet.

The answer however is quite simple:

1 - Get the music playing on your iphone (via the iphone speakers)before you plug it in.
2 - plug it in to the usb port with a standard lightning to usb lead, whilst it is still playing
3 - the music mutes, the phone is recognised, music plays via the command media system.

Whilst I feel a bit stupid admitting this - the above information may be of use to others struggling with this.
Just to update this.....
It also appears that once the phone has been used in the above manner, when you next plug it in it works perfectly without having to use the above process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom