IPod car kit and iPod nano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Hi

I have the official MB car kit

It doesn't state that iPod nano (2nd gen) are compatible
It might be 5v /12v thing, but does anybody know for certain yay or nay?

Thanks

I tried an IPOD Nano and it worked perfectly but a message on the screen stated "charging function not supported", so yes it works for the music but does not charge it.
I ended up buying a replacement 80Gb Classic from CEX (£85) in the Marlands, and a lightning adapter so could/can also plug my IPHONE 6S+ into it as well.

Last edited:
Cheers Andy

I looked in CEX yesterday and they didn't have any under £100 (and I was hoping to keep it under £50 tbh)

The non charging would be a downer but would be the 5v / 12v issue

Keep missing out on decent 'classics' on eBay - they really are going for silly money....

I have a good and my original 80GB in the car from the house, but SWMBO wants it back for all the Christmas tunes. It doesn't get used apart from that so I might just forego it for the 3 weeks and then live with mine as I know it and it shouldn't be a dodgy one....

Unless anybody on here puts one up on classifieds though

I will save up for the Viseoo MB4 for the phone instead (and replacement rear brakes of course - sort of important, but not a gadget....:cool:)

When I bought mine I went straight to the counter and was shown two 80Gb and a 120Gb which weren't in the window, they don't always have all there stock on show.
You could always buy the Nano and let SWMBO have that.
They are going for silly prices, I went to the Apple shop in West Quay about getting my original classic repaired/replaced though they would give me 10% off in P/X with my broken Classic she actually advised me to keep hold of it as I would get more off of ebay because it is in such good nic people would buy it for the bits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom