iPod connectivity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Washy

Car
ML350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY
Picking up our 2010 ML next week with comand, media interface, and convenience telephony.

I didn't see an iPod port anywhere, but would like to play music through the comand unit, I looked on comandonline.co.uk but am none the wiser.

Also, is it possible to play movies and apps such as sky sports through the system, doesn't have TV function.

Have a look in the roof of your glovebox! (Right-hand side on mine)
There should be a port there for you to plug a lead for ipod connection
Needs a special lead but it was provided when I bought my Merc

Andy

Have a look in the roof of your glovebox! (Right-hand side on mine)
There should be a port there for you to plug a lead for ipod connection
Needs a special lead but it was provided when I bought my Merc

Andy

This would mean plugging the iphone in every time? Is there a Bluetooth streaming option?

Also, charging the phone, I guess glove box?

Any ideas on video and sky apps?

I have 11 reg ML and the cable is the only option built in. You can only play dvd's if you have the TV option spec'd and it wont play vids through the ipod lead.

Hiya there

The Media Interface sockets are in either glovebox or in the centre armrest depending on model, if you don't wanna connect every time then there is Bluetooth media but it uses your phones battery (a lot) and you if you wanna change albums, playlists etc then you have to do it through your phone.

The data sheet states it has DVD player, but couldn't find TV function, so assuming it will play DVDs?

Will see what it's got when I get it, might even have a lead already. If not, will be the 1st purchase I make!

Hiya there

The Media Interface sockets are in either glovebox or in the centre armrest depending on model, if you don't wanna connect every time then there is Bluetooth media but it uses your phones battery (a lot) and you if you wanna change albums, playlists etc then you have to do it through your phone.

Like this?

Looking at it I should get functionality as if iphone was plugged into the cable itself?

If I need to charge it, I can plug phone in instead of Bluetooth dongle.

Comand Online only sells brand new genuine items. Be careful with eBay there are a lot of fake goods on there.

For bluetooth audio streaming there is the Media interface plus this offers a whole host of features and plugs straight into the existing media interface;

Media Interface Plus | Mercedes iPod solutions | Mercedes Retrofits | Comand Online Ltd

It adds support for Bluetooth Audio Streaming, iPod Video playback, Pandorra radio for iPhone users and charging via USB to your existing Media Interface.

the Viseeo tune2air will only stream from an ipod/iphone whereas the media interface plus will allow streaming from a non apple device.

Last edited:
Thanks, will see what's on it when I get it and be in touch.

Wondering in reality if I would ever actually use the video, probably not, just a toy to show people!

I guess I just need charging and streaming audio with functionality through the command.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom