Ipod Integration...Sooooooo Excited :) :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jadefox

Car
GLA AMG 220 CDI
Tomorrow I'm going to be going over to Alfies to have my Ipod integration thingy fitted wooo wooo wooo!!!!!

I'm stupidly excited about it - I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it (yes, really)

Has anyone else retro-fitted this in their car - is it as wonderful an addition as I think it's gonna be?? :bannana:

Better than wonderful!

No more CDs...ever

Its a great install got them in both my MB's, and who better to do it for you. Let us know how it all goes.

Believe only works with Apple ipod's or iphone.

Takes a little while to get used to the steering wheel controls, then it is great

Ooohh Wonder? I sent the little man off at Merc Direct to find out about iPhone connections, and iPod intergration, seems you need two halves. Picking up the new beast this sat CLK350 :)

And do I take it your excited Jade ?

Also been afk for a while, who is Alfie ? assume he might be cheaper ?

Paul.

Last edited:
I fitted a Harman and Kardon one into the SClass, and it truly rocks! very very pleased with it. Here are some pics!

I am rather pleased with my glowing control knob in the centre picture!

Attachments

• IMG00075.jpg
    IMG00075.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG00079.jpg
    IMG00079.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG00074.jpg
    IMG00074.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 283
nice one!!! you'll never look back once fitted no more cd's just 100's of music tracks!!!

I don't think I've ever used my CD changer since fitting the iPod adapter. You'll love it!

I don't think I've ever used my CD changer since fitting the iPod adapter. You'll love it!

Strange. When i bought the C55 it had a 6 CD changer in it. First thing i did was get Alfie to fit Ipod integration kit. Can't stand changing discs. As to the sound quality of Ipod V CD, all my 1000,s of tracks in my 80g Ipod have been recorded at AAC (via my Macbook Pro), although uses more gigs, the sound quality is fantastic through HK Logic 7 over mp3.

Can you tell how excited i am drifting?? ;)

Here's alfies profile page

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/member.php?u=2456

He's the dude to talk to regarding anything to do with the command - he runs a web site which you can find the link to off of his profile page.

HTH

(PS i'm excited!!!!! hehhe!!!!)

Santa brought me an ipod classic. Connected it to the aux input in the glovebox and drove from Wirral to here in Spain without hearing the same song twice. Absolutely brilliant.You will love it and are in for a real treat. ENJOY.

Regards
John

Great decision Jadefox - I got Alfie and Richard to add the iPod kit when they were fitting COMAND to my E. It's the business!!!

The only additional thing I would like with this kit would be that the track info could be shown on the COMAND screen as well as between the dash dials.

Maybe some future firmware upgrade might help with this, but given the new breed of Audio 20 and COMAND head units, I suspect future development for older units is less likely...

Nonetheless, you will love the functionality!

Cheers,
Eddie

I think you really need to use 192kbs as a minimum when compressing tracks to keep the quality up, probably higher in a quiet car like a big Merc, especially if you have a decent stereo in it or it will be obvious the quality isn't as good as a CD especially during the highs and lows.

Is it really that exciting what music do you listen to Jadefox, please dont tell me its SClub7 or something like that!!

I have one of these to play with at the weekend and its looking like its going to be sunny. Might go for a blast to the best pub in the world in Cheriton the pots inn!

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/59606/caterham_superlight.html

And off to look at an M Class tomorrow at Messrs Tony Purslows...

Now thats exciting!

JadeFox now has ipod and some trick coding ;) No doubt she will be here soon to let you know what she thinks of it.

Lovely person and bloomin gorgeous tooo...

Hope she got an Ipod cradle aswell ! I must admit its one of the best upgrades i've done. I particularly like making my own compilations of music to play, I never seem to ever play full albums, even S Club 7 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom