IPOD integration with 2005 E320 CDI (Audio 20)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duckula

Car
2005 E320 CDI
Good afternoon,

This is my first post so please bear with me. I have recently purchased a 55 plate E320 CDI that has an Audio 20 head unit, the CD slot is underneath the screen. The car is fitted with Fiscon Bluetooth for hands free phone use and I can use my iPhone 5C with no problems.

I want to have the ability to play music from an iPod. I have spent many hours on google trying to find the answer. Whilst there is plenty of information I am confused as to the way forward. I believe I need an iPod integration kit of some sort, a Dension Gateway 500 or OEM kit.

When I depress the CDC button I get the message "MAG EMPTY". When I look in the boot there is a compartment to the left in which appears to be a cradle for a CD changer.

So my question is, what do I need, what is the OEM part number as I may be able to get a secondhand unit.

As a matter of interest, is the MOST system basically a closed ring where additional components can be added, and what is meant by having to get the card coded to recognise an iPod integration kit.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Good afternoon,

This is my first post so please bear with me. I have recently purchased a 55 plate E320 CDI that has an Audio 20 head unit, the CD slot is underneath the screen. The car is fitted with Fiscon Bluetooth for hands free phone use and I can use my iPhone 5C with no problems.

I want to have the ability to play music from an iPod. I have spent many hours on google trying to find the answer. Whilst there is plenty of information I am confused as to the way forward. I believe I need an iPod integration kit of some sort, a Dension Gateway 500 or OEM kit.

When I depress the CDC button I get the message "MAG EMPTY". When I look in the boot there is a compartment to the left in which appears to be a cradle for a CD changer.

So my question is, what do I need, what is the OEM part number as I may be able to get a secondhand unit.

As a matter of interest, is the MOST system basically a closed ring where additional components can be added, and what is meant by having to get the card coded to recognise an iPod integration kit.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

the fiscon Pro bluetooth kit will allow A2DP music streaming provided the car doesnt have a Cd changer fitted. Have a look in the compartment beneath the audio-20. Press the chrome button by the hazard switch and see if there is a CD changer behind the motorised door. If not then you can enable the Fiscon kit to accept streamed music. It does this by emulating the Cd changer. If you have the changer then your choice to get integrated music is limited unless you get rid of the changer.

The MOST system is a closed loop with specific devices on it. Break the loop and they all stop working.

You cannot fit a Mercedes ipod kit to a W211 E class that doesnt have comand in it.

also to add - the compartment in the boot you are probably referring to would be for the NAV unit, as Alfie say it is usually behind the compartment where the hazard light switch is , press the chrome button above and see if it opens

Hi,

An option, be that it is not cheap, is the Dension Gateway 500.
It emulates the CD disk changer, and has the ability to be switched off so you can in fact still use the CD changer if need be (I Think). It offers a variety of inputs from a proper Ipod lead and AUX. The best part is you can use the factory steering wheel controls and head unit, using the Ipod lead, to change and skip songs.

Thank you all for the replies.

The car does have a CD changer, which I hadn't realised ! Behind the motorised flap just under the head unit.

I will have to take a look at the Dension option. I didn't realise it would be so costly to just add an iPod connection !

If you want to keep the Cd changer and deploy a Dension make sure you get the dual FOT version of the kit.

OR if your not too bothered about the steering controls(which imo are abit fiddly anyway for the ipod), get the Alpine EZI-DAB unit. you get DAB radio and can plug in a ipod\iphone etc and control via it. I installed one a few weeks back and hid the controller in the ashtray, alfie can also supply these.

That Alpine device looks perfect. I suspect my pennies will be heading in the direction of a recommended supplier. Any ideas ?

Cheers

That Alpine device looks perfect. I suspect my pennies will be heading in the direction of a recommended supplier. Any ideas ?

Cheers

I believe Alfie is the man you are looking for!

comandonline.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom