iPod Interface - IPhone X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topdown

Car
E500
My Iphone 6 used to connect with the head phone socket to the iPod interface and could play music and internet live radio. But this will not work with IPhone X. Any solutions?

Buy a Samsung S9 [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My Iphone 6 used to connect with the head phone socket to the iPod interface and could play music and internet live radio. But this will not work with IPhone X. Any solutions?

The ipod interface is a 30 pin connector. The genuine Apple lightning to 30 pin converter will adapt it for you.

The iPhone 6 used the lightening connector too, the iPhone 4S was the last iPhone to come with the big horrible 30 pin connector, so the OP must already have that adaptor if he was using the interface with his iPhone 6.

The iPhone 6 used the lightening connector too, the iPhone 4S was the last iPhone to come with the big horrible 30 pin connector, so the OP must already have that adaptor if he was using the interface with his iPhone 6.

Yes well aware of that but the confusion is the mention of headphone socket. This socket on the phone does not connect to a Mercedes ipod interface.

Ah. Right.

In any case, the best solution is to just get something to give you bluetooth audio. Plugging wires in when you get in the car is so yesterday. That's why Apple and now others made the ballsey move to remove the headphone jack in the first place...

Ah. Right.

In any case, the best solution is to just get something to give you bluetooth audio. Plugging wires in when you get in the car is so yesterday. That's why Apple and now others made the ballsey move to remove the headphone jack in the first place...

Yeh, I’m even about to order one of those ‘wireless charging mounts’ for the car

I've not needed anything more than my Qi charger next to the bed since getting wireless charging phone. It's just permanently charged in the morning, I can never forget to plug it in.

Does anyone know if the new GLA that has CarPlay has a wireless charger area? Some new cars do...

Thanks,
The iPod interface cable with the 30 pin connector worked fine with the iPod and iPhone 4 playing music files from each. the iPhone 6 would not connect even with an Apple 30 pin to lightning connector. I bought a cable which had a lightning connector and an audio jack. This allowed the iPhone 6 to charge as well as play music files Media and from the audio jack play internet radio Spotify etc the the MB Aux

The iPhone x would not play media files from the lighting connector or audio files with the apple lightning to audio jack.
I now a have a 30 pin Bluetooth TX ( in the glove box) and iPhone x can play media music and Internet radio...and can be charged with the normal cable.

All good.

Was the 30-pin to lightening converter a genuine Apple item? I've heard before that the Mercedes set up doesn't like non-Apple converters.

So the lightening connector to 3.5mm audio jack adaptor, with a 3.5mm stereo cable going into the aux input didn't work? It's exactly the same as a normal headphone jack with that adaptor. :/

Thanks,
The iPod interface cable with the 30 pin connector worked fine with the iPod and iPhone 4 playing music files from each. the iPhone 6 would not connect even with an Apple 30 pin to lightning connector. I bought a cable which had a lightning connector and an audio jack. This allowed the iPhone 6 to charge as well as play music files Media and from the audio jack play internet radio Spotify etc the the MB Aux

The iPhone x would not play media files from the lighting connector or audio files with the apple lightning to audio jack.
I now a have a 30 pin Bluetooth TX ( in the glove box) and iPhone x can play media music and Internet radio...and can be charged with the normal cable.

All good.
I have the same after market cable like you and it worked with 6s but cant be used with 8 and X. The only option is to use the small aux to lightning cable from the box but then it doesn’t charge the phone. I’m thinking of buying bluetooth adapter with 30 pin socket and connecting it with MB ipod media cable.

This thread is hilarious with several people all talking about different things. Lol

Thanks,

All good.
Which 30 pin bluetooth TX you are using now? Do you have the link maybe?

tune2air but there are other Wireless Bluetooth interface adapters.

Tried it but does not work with IPhone X and iPod 3.5mm cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom