iPod Kit - Wiring looms ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mackie78

Car
C320 cdi Avantgarde SE Sport
Hi Folks,

After a lot of consideration I have settled for the iPod kit and no phone. Mainly becasue of the costs and the fact I already bought a new iPod kit off eBay. It's going into a 55 plate W203 with NTG2.

I have the install instructions off Mercupgrades and they are absolutely great, the one bit I am unsure about is the connecting of the wires.

This is the loom I have:

1) http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/JamesMackie/fullpic.jpg

2) http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/JamesMackie/comandend.jpg

3) http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/JamesMackie/ipodend.jpg

I understand that the large connector goes into the acutal black ipod kit box (apologies for lack of terminology) and I am guessing that the two thinner longer cables (pic 2) go into the back of the comand, but what about the other three connectors at the end that has the large connector on (pic 3), where do they go?

I am at a loss really, are things likely to become more clear once I get at the back of the unit?

I have tried a search and there are a lot of answers about the iPod Kit but I haven't manages to find one about the wiring.

Thanks in advance folks.

:thumb:

The loom you have is for either an SLK or a W211 e class. It is not suitable for a w203 c class i'm afraid.

:doh: - Damn, thanks for the heads up.

The Merc part number on the box is B67 82 42 58

Have I dropped a stinker here and bought the wrong part?

I triple checked that it was the correct part number prior to buying it. Either that or it is the incorrect kit in the box, in which case I'll have to go back to the vendor.

Not sure how you thought above was for c class, google search part number and you will see it is for SLK, you need B67824213.

Last edited:
My Fault,

Clearly triple checking is not enough for me!!!

I was comparing it to this code here:

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod kit (NTG2) for A, B, W203-C, CLK, ML, GL, R, Vito, Viano with COMAND or Audio-20-CD

I was on holiday at the time and doing it from my iPhone (lame excuse I know)

Now I see that what I have bought is clearly labelled as B67 82 42 58 and what is on comand online and appropriate for my W203 C class is B67 82 45 58.

:wallbash: What an idiot, what more can I say. :wallbash:

Anyone want a new B67 82 42 58 iPod kit????? £100 delivered????

Not sure how you thought above was for c class, google search part number and you will see it is for SLK, you need B67824213.

So clearly double stupidity on my part.

I thought the part listed on comandonline was the part I needed, but clearly not.

The part I want is definitely B67 82 42 13 then and not the one on this webpage:

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod kit (NTG2) for A, B, W203-C, CLK, ML, GL, R, Vito, Viano with COMAND or Audio-20-CD

Cheers for your input Alfie and NPUK

The part number changes when any update takes place. The Comand Online part number is a later one and I guess the difference is it will come with the newer cable needed to charge the latest gen ipods which use 5v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom