iPod kits for W211 E & CLS class with DVD COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
Guys

I think (as a forum sponsor) we're allowed to post this - if not, please delete.

I ordered too many iPod kits for the W211 E class and W219 CLS class with DVD based COMAND, so we've (a) reduced the price, and (b) for Forum members happy to do a further 10% discount !!

See
Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes iPod solutions :: Mercedes iPod kit for E, CLS (W211/W219)

Please use coupon code 'mbclub-ipod' on the basket page

MB RRP is £239.70, with MBCLUB discount these will work out at £180

I hope that is useful

Richard

Hi Richard

Three questions;

(1) Can you confirm that this kit will work with my Feb 2005 S211? (It's a pre-facelift. The Nav runs off a DVD drive in the boot.)

(2) Where does the iPod go?

(3) Approx how many hours is the in install time?

Thanks

Hiya

Yes, as long as its a W211 E class AND it has COMAND NTG1 (i.e the full colour screen which can play DVDs but doesnt have inbuilt bluetooth (from mid 2008) onward) it will work (and yours is thus correct...)

There are cars out there without the navigation drive in the boot and without the inbuilt bluetooth, but with the colour screen, and that will work.

It takes about 2 hours because you have to run a cable from the front to the back of the car and connect to the AGW which is in the book on the left tucked up between innner and outer wing so slightly fiddly.

iPod ends up in the main glovebox, the little AUX connector gets replaced by a lead coming out for the iPod.

I wrote a document on how to do it here: -

IPOD Retrofit in E, CLS Class

If your car has no phone system then MB dealer will need to enable the phone controls as they are used to control the iPod (10 mins work).

I hope that helps,

Richard

Last edited:
It's a W211 E class it has a full colour screen which can play DVDs.

It has the phone system.

I do have bluetooth though (albeit from what I think is an upgragded phone connector-thingy from 2007 or from 2008 in the central cubby hole)

Thoughts?

The bluetooth is not built in to your head unit. (only came for MY2009) - and the iPod kit in the link is the correct one for your car.

R

Richard, do you still have any of these kits left? I am looking at upgrading from Audio 20 on 2007 W211 (no AGW I think) to either Audio 20 NTG 2.5 or Comand NTG 2.5, will these kits work on these head units?

Hi.

Ntg2.5 needs the model year 09 ntg2.5 ipod kit. There is also a video version for iPod video in cars without tv
The old e class kit is not useable
Richard

Hi.

Approximately how much would fitting cost for a W211 E320 (57 plate) with COMAND-APS (DVD Based without media interface)?

Thanks.

Cheekster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom