ipod/phone/mirrors & stuff.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wil_1

Hi all,
I got a c270 last year, and it's been a great car so far.
Last week I finally got round to buying the ipod integration kit and the phone bluetooth module to make it even better.
I got them from comandonline (who were great, but I gather you guys here already knew that. )
Anyway.
The upshot of all this is that I now, apparently, need the phone keys enabling to access the ipod menus. At the moment it will play the ipod music, but it will just scroll through every track in alphabetical order, which isn't a great way of accessing 4000 songs. :)
So, whilst flicking round here for more info on this, I see people posting about cool sounding stuff like mirrors that fold when you lock the doors, etc etc.
The question is, where can I go "up north" to get this cool stuff done and sort my ipod out.

Thanks a lot.
:)

Welcome!

I'm guessing it would help if you could define "up north" a little better. To some of our southern members, Birmingham counts as a northern state :devil:

Last edited:
Welcome!

I'm guessing it would help if you could define "up north" a little better. To some of our suthern members, Birmingham counts as a northern state :devil:

Quite right, passport required past Watford
Welcome
Your hopefully learn lots

Near York.
Whilst I'm happy to travel bit to get it sorted, I don't wanna have to go 'down south'.
:D

As for the Ipod, I had my telephone menu activated at a main Mercedes Dealership. I nearly fainted when they did exactly what I wanted, and everything worked first time. Total cost was 15mins labour, £25 as prequoted by the dealership.

Most dealers know how to enable the phone buttons, well they should do anyway. As for enabling the auto folding mirrors this is a bit more tricky for them. Anything else like UK mode deletion etc is completely beyond them sadly.

As you bought the kit from Comandonline, I'd be happy to do the phone button enabling for you for free if you pop 'Darn sarrrf';)

Edit: I just thought, JAYMANEK in Nuneaton can do it for you. Thats a whole lot nearer.

Hi, I was going to ask similar about mirror folding, but anyone know who in Bristol or surrounding area could do that? I have a 1999 E210 which (as you prob know) has a button on console you have to hold down to move mirros in/out - poss to get them to fold when ignition turned off?

Hi, I was going to ask similar about mirror folding, but anyone know who in Bristol or surrounding area could do that? I have a 1999 E210 which (as you prob know) has a button on console you have to hold down to move mirros in/out - poss to get them to fold when ignition turned off?

auto fold is highly unlikley to work or even be programmable on the car, sorry.

Most dealers know how to enable the phone buttons, well they should do anyway. As for enabling the auto folding mirrors this is a bit more tricky for them. Anything else like UK mode deletion etc is completely beyond them sadly.

As you bought the kit from Comandonline, I'd be happy to do the phone button enabling for you for free if you pop 'Darn sarrrf';)

Edit: I just thought, JAYMANEK in Nuneaton can do it for you. Thats a whole lot nearer.

That's very kind of you. ;)

I'll have a see where work takes me in the next couple of weeks and if 'm going to be in the area I'll let you know. ;)

Otherwise it's probably a little too far and I may have to try the local dealer.

Thanks very much.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom