IPOD touch closing system down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J7NNO

Car
2012 ML350Cdi
I wonder if anyone can help? I have a W207 coupe which doesn't have command but does have Mercedes satnav (not sure what the unit is called?). When I bought the car it had an ipod lead connected in the glovebox and I have used it on an old beaten up ipod for a while and its been ok.

I wanted to get more music on so bought my daughters ipod touch and loaded that up. Can read all the albums tracks ok and plays as it should.

Only thing is after a couple of minutes I get a message "the system is shutting down now" and it does just that and wont restart without an ignition restart.

Any ideas folks ???:confused:

Is this happening with the engine running, with the ignition on or what?

Ignition on but engine not running.

Just to be clear its the Merc stereo that's shutting down??

Wasn't ever a problem with old ipod!!:wallbash:

What happens if you play a CD or listen to the radio for the same length of time under the same circumstances?

That's a standard feature, It's to stop battery going flat when left on by mistake. I assume it's fine when you are driving

Just worked that out last night. Other ipod didn't do it though. Stayed on as long as the ignition was on.

Feel like a right **** now !!:doh:

Hi, might be long shot ..!
Does anyone know which official mb cable I need to connect my iPhone 6 to the socket in centre armrest? Vehicle is a 61 plate w207 it has audio 50 not command if that helps!
Thanks kam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom