iPod

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Help and advice desperately needed.

Our daughter wants an iPod for her birthday present.

Where do you recommend buying one?

What do you recommend mini or iPod?

Do headphones come with them?

Thanks for any advice,
John

They all come with headphones... since Apple generally fix their prices, you might as well buy from any high street shop as from Apple themselves - if you buy from Apple direct however, you can get it laser engraved with a short message.

iPod Mini suits me fine. I find that if I put too many songs on it, I spend ages deciding what to listen to!

Its small, the battery lasts for a good amount of time and it comes in 4 colours. Dabs.com are doing the second generation version (6gb instead of 4gb drive) for £165 and have all colours in stock. They seem to resist the odd knock (drop!) also..

The software that comes with the Ipod is okay, but I find Ephpod (free from Ephpod.com) simplifies the process.

smartbrabus said:
if you buy from Apple direct however, you can get it laser engraved with a short message.

Thank you very much for the quick response. Do you mean a personal message?

Thanks,
John

If you go mini, its worth trying to get the older 4gb moel as opposed to the newer 6bg as it comes with ac adaptor and firewire cable.

I personally have a 30Gb photo and got it via a friend from the states and saved around £50

I have taken Smartbrabus advice and got an engraved iPod, the only problem now is it might take seven days to deliver, but 'thick' old dad will take the blame as usual.

A very big Thanks everyone,
John

I'm sure she'll love it - I've got a 3g 20gb and think it's fabby. But a 4 or 6 gb mini will siut most ppl tbh. :D

I’ve got the 40gb and have 3700+ songs on using up 13.5gb, anyone know of anyone who has filled one of these up must be near impossible, in one lifetime anyway......Ahhh heirloom....

I have over 78GB of MP3 files now - filled up an iPod Photo easily.

Waiting for the iPod interface to be released by MB....

BTW - re the apple site. Be careful - the encrypted padlock didn't show up when I last tried to order something.....so I didn't bother.

scotth_uk said:
What - no mention of the Shuffle. SNOBS! ;-)

Mine is only to do ----- Or DIE!!!!

She that must be obeyed says, "Get iPod"

Me being a 6' 7" lump of lard merely gets iPod :D :D

All animals know there place in the pecking order, hens have a more powerful beak!

John

saorbust said:
I have over 78GB of MP3 files now - filled up an iPod Photo easily.

Waiting for the iPod interface to be released by MB....

BTW - re the apple site. Be careful - the encrypted padlock didn't show up when I last tried to order something.....so I didn't bother.
Fair play............

"down boy" as he scuttles off with his tail beween his legs!!!!!

i bought the 6gb mini last week..... i ordered online too, but when they told me up to two weeks i decided just to pop down to the apple store....

Great though, only thing i dont like is not getting the ac charger....

If the 6GB mini is available for £165 then why not pay £25 more and get the 20GB ipod? The 6GB mini doesnt seem the right price to me...I wanna get the 4GB (but think it might not have enough space) or the 20GB...

Speaking of the MB Intergration kit for the iPod, does anyone know if its been released by MB yet ?

All you need is an FM modulator

To use your Ipod through the car steeo you just need an FM modulator less that £10 from ebay delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32833&item=5786948490&rd=1

You can also get in dash ones that have a hard wiring into the loom rather than sticking out the Ciggie lighter socket.

Just got 1 of these for my Mobile so I can use the 1gb of music I have stored in it.

Simply fitted the phone holder on the dash and have full handsfree that stops the music when a call comes in.

I think with the increasing size of memory cards, 4gb about to come out and phones like the Sony Ericsson K750i and the new w800 walkman phone the IPOD will have to move over or add phone functionality.

scottishc280 said:
To use your Ipod through the car steeo you just need an FM modulator less that £10 from ebay delivered.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32833&item=5786948490&rd=1

You can also get in dash ones that have a hard wiring into the loom rather than sticking out the Ciggie lighter socket.

Just got 1 of these for my Mobile so I can use the 1gb of music I have stored in it.

Simply fitted the phone holder on the dash and have full handsfree that stops the music when a call comes in.

I think with the increasing size of memory cards, 4gb about to come out and phones like the Sony Ericsson K750i and the new w800 walkman phone the IPOD will have to move over or add phone functionality.

Thanks, but no thanks. I specifically require the MB Kit - appreciate the info though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom