ipod?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
My Blaupunkt MP3 player is no longer playing so I am considering purchasing an ipod and using the Dension kit to link it in like a CD changer.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get an ipod?

IIRC, Pammy and PaulR have them in their cars as transmitters for the radio. Can't remember the frequency.

I bought mine from the Apple refurb'd zone and got an even better deal coz I got two for the price of one :D :bannana:

But you get a really good deal from them with loads of extras and it is as good as new - just not in the normal retail iPod box that's all. I higlhy recommend that route - you get full warranty too and Apple were great to deal with.

As for the point Patrick makes, yes I use the iTrip for mine rather than a hard wired link and it's great. But that's because I take it into different cars on a very regular basis. You choose whatever frequency suits you best but it can be a pain sometimes if you're on a long journey and hit somewhere where that frequency our others near it are being used as you get interference.

It's interesting though on where you have to place the iPod when using the iTrip as diff cars need it in diff spots. For example - in our Voyager we have to put the pod near the rear window close to the aerial to get a good reception - yet in mine it needs to be near the fron even though the aerial is on the rear bumper :crazy:

I am considering getting a hardwire kit in the SLK ;) so be very interested to see how you get the Dension kit going Jimmy and what it costs you ;)

We have an iPod with an iTrip and it is a pain a) finding a place where it can be fixed and receive the signal and b) continually seeking a new frequency, even on short journeys.
However the iPod is great and I am interested in following this thread to see if anybody has a good solution other than buy a new car with the kit installed.

Dension appear to do kits to integrate with most cars and aftermarket head units. According to the blurb it will attach to the ipod and act like a conventional CD changer but with my Blaupunkt you get the track and artist names appear on the headunits display. The only thing is it will only recognise the first 5 playlists or folders but not a big problem.

The Dension kits are around £100, not sure how much a ipod is yet, but guess I will be looking at around £300 for the whole kit. So I may consider selling my Travelpilot and getting an MP3 head unit.

What about just buying an MP3 CD changer then you will still have the sat nav functionality.

an MP3 CD changer to fit my Comand 2.0 ?- tell me where to send the cheque...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom