Ipods artwork and crap mb interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mykaitch

Car
2013 C180SE fully loaded
Hi. Some of you may have followed my odd posts since I bought my C180 3 years ago. Never one to give up I have finally solved the problem of missing artwork -- and it was in front of my eyes the whole time.
So, use a USB stick and you get all the artwork. Read it in and then use the ipod and you get maybe half of the artwork.

MP3 files have things called 'TAGS' that hold info like Title, Artist etc, and Artwork as .JPG. They MAY also contain a URL (a web address) that points to where the artwork is, and that's the problem. As far as I can see the file can also have both because where else does the USB artwork come from?
iTunes and can find the artwork or you can also paste it in. Fine. The MB system though finds the URL and says 'bugger this' and you get nothing. So far I have experimented by taking the URL out of the track and pasting new artwork via itunes or a tag editor. And it works.

I plan to write an App to do this for me.:bannana:

PS just fitted Xenon kit - awesome. Spent a WEEKEND trying to plug the bulbs in, lots of blood. The bulbs are fine, everything is fine but that f***ing new holder on the 2013 model is utter crap. Had to get the garage to do it. What was wrong with the wire clip we used since my Wolsely 15/60--come to that since Saracen armoured cars and Landys.

MB spec is jpg. Used png but no diff in missing artwork. Problem is that URL tag. Found an easier way is to use MP3tag (freeware) to strip out ALL the tags and than paste back the ones you need. That works well.

Right click, properties > change the metadata. Simple task :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom