IR key operating distance??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBc220

Hello guys!!
I just got my self merc C-class w203 220CDI (2000), it's my first merc and I'm so glad of my choice :bannana: but I have to point the key very close to handle (20cm) to open the doors. I check voltage of batteries they are both 3V all sound correct. Is this normal ?

First thing to do is replace the batteries with fresh ones. Voltage isn't really a great indicator as button-cell batteries are generally lithium and will hold 3v until they die!

Can I just by the same batteries on eBay or have to go to service??

I just got my first MB as well, apart from the key thing is everything with the car all good? Mine seems to be brilliant apart from some front end suspension noise which is apparently normal

I just got my first MB as well, apart from the key thing is everything with the car all good? Mine seems to be brilliant apart from some front end suspension noise which is apparently normal

Torque arm bushes - not unusual and relatively cheap to fix

That's pretty much it!

Thanks for clearing that up for me. since I got the car I've noticed other drivers dont pull out in front of me as much as they did in my last car, anyone else experiance this? you did say stupid questions are the ones you dont ask!!!

Depends what you used to drive! Most MB's do have an 'aura' don't they?!! ;)

Hello guys!!
I just got my self merc C-class w203 220CDI (2000), it's my first merc and I'm so glad of my choice :bannana: but I have to point the key very close to handle (20cm) to open the doors. I check voltage of batteries they are both 3V all sound correct. Is this normal ?

Sounds like the RF connection from the key to the car is not working. Quite common on this model, typically an issue at the rear window antenna amplifier. Some owners report the amp starts working if you push up the roof panel at the rear (of course not a solution, just a test).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom