Is £2k cash a good price for a respray

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Thinking of having my C55 repsrayed as previous owner used to have 2 dogs so the outside paintwork is far from good. Already had it clayed and polished last year in order to remove lots of scratches and swirl marks but up close (4-5 feet) paintwork looks rough. I intend to do this when the weather gets a bit warmer, but just checking out the price as i know the sprayer (friend), and seen lots of his work (other mercs, porches etc) and as it's cash am i getting a good deal? Thanks.

£2k is about right.

Make sure that the paintwork is of the highest quality.

Thinking of having my C55 repsrayed as previous owner used to have 2 dogs so the outside paintwork is far from good. Already had it clayed and polished last year in order to remove lots of scratches and swirl marks but up close (4-5 feet) paintwork looks rough. I intend to do this when the weather gets a bit warmer, but just checking out the price as i know the sprayer (friend), and seen lots of his work (other mercs, porches etc) and as it's cash am i getting a good deal? Thanks.

2K for the lot is a good price paint and clear will easily come to £400 - 500

Hello

I thought you were looking for a C63 half way through the yr? 5 months say? spending 2K now on your car will you get any more when you PX it? or sell it?

Just a thought but thats a lot to add to the depreciation pot. I know it would annoy me if the paint isn't good so I see your point but for a fairly new car a respray seems a bit extream.

Have you been on the detailing world forum, they do allsorts with car paint, polishers, one was a Merc as it happens parked outside and painter painting house, managed to get paint specs all over the car and he tried to clean them off with I think must have been wire wool !!! it looked terrible.

After these guys finish like new :) worth a look at their work as like anything there are probably detailers and detailers?

Also surely not the whole car? bonnet, front, roof, boot?

just my 2p's worth

And people get suspicious if a car has been resprayed when you sell it

Hello

I thought you were looking for a C63 half way through the yr? 5 months say? spending 2K now on your car will you get any more when you PX it? or sell it?

Just a thought but thats a lot to add to the depreciation pot. I know it would annoy me if the paint isn't good so I see your point but for a fairly new car a respray seems a bit extream.

Have you been on the detailing world forum, they do allsorts with car paint, polishers, one was a Merc as it happens parked outside and painter painting house, managed to get paint specs all over the car and he tried to clean them off with I think must have been wire wool !!! it looked terrible.

After these guys finish like new :) worth a look at their work as like anything there are probably detailers and detailers?

Also surely not the whole car? bonnet, front, roof, boot?

just my 2p's worth

Thanks. C63 above my C55 is not just worth the money at the moment in terms of performance etc. I have looked at a few C63's but just not happy to spend £40k plus even though dealer rang back few weeks ago and offered me £15k part/ex on my C55, which was good considering paid £17k August 08.

As it stands i am contend to keep the C55 while the C63 price continues to drop (as does my C55). Regarding the respray. I have previously on other cars had just bonnet/wings/doors painted before and it just doesn't look right when viewed at different angles, and given my car is Diamond Black metallic it would show up even worse. I am also very particular and must admit to being a bit of a perfectionist so the paint is important.

Having a full respray would not deter a buyer as the car is 4 1/2 years old so by the time i came to sell it it would just look like a well cared car inside and out. Already member of detailing forum - cost of claying and polishing etc last year cost me just over £500.00 for 9 1/2hrs work, and it did look cracking for a while, but wax and polish does not last, hence i should have saved the £500 and put it towards respray.

Fair enough,

However I hope you also pointed out the defected paint when buying to get a good price.

Sounds to me like you are already going to go ahead so hopefully it will (should) look like new when you get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom