Is £36 per Month for 3 Years a Good Deal For Servicing B1- A - B (S205)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Is £36 per Month for 3 Years a Good Deal For Servicing B1- A - B (S205)…..I'm due a B1 service next month....car will be 4 years old....The B1 has been quoted at 585.3 includes brake fluid...fuel filter...air and pollen filters plus the usual oil and filter etc...the car is a C220d S205 Premium Plus July 2015 with 17k miles...Plus MOT at £39....They have offered me 3 services including this one for £36 p/m for 36 months Plus each MOT cost...Is it a good deal? What if I decide to sell the car after 2 years for example?
Thanks!

You need to work out the cost for 3 years servicing.

Nobody should do this for you.

You need to work out the cost for 3 years servicing.

Nobody should do this for you.
Appreciate that but what if I sell it....do I lose as its a contract or do the payments stop?

Price is fair compared to paying at point of service.
When I took my service contract they offered free mot for three years but that was last year.
I always haggle but depends on sales assistant and how near to targets they are.
They do refund unused monies or carry over to next merc but you will be charged the full price for services carried out less payments made.
Plus of course Mobilo (Query now RAC) and collection and delivery or lots of nice surroundings if you wait
Hope this helps
Jim

Price is fair compared to paying at point of service.
When I took my service contract they offered free mot for three years but that was last year.
I always haggle but depends on sales assistant and how near to targets they are.
They do refund unused monies or carry over to next merc but you will be charged the full price for services carried out less payments made.
Plus of course Mobilo (Query now RAC) and collection and delivery or lots of nice surroundings if you wait
Hope this helps
Jim
Thanks for taking time to reply Jim...Be Lucky!

That does look like a good deal

Two majors one minor, first one with additional items. Mine is £10p/m dearer on an older car! Mine also doesn’t include MOT’s for free

Appreciate that but what if I sell it....do I lose as its a contract or do the payments stop?

Actually, they don't charge the full price of the service. When I had my W204 I took out a 3-year service contract. I had the big service done (brake fluid and ATF) and then decided to change the car. MB simply charged me 12 x £36 for the service even though the cost was a lot higher than £432. I was surprised but needless to say I didn't query it :)

Actually, they don't charge the full price of the service. When I had my W204 I took out a 3-year service contract. I had the big service done (brake fluid and ATF) and then decided to change the car. MB simply charged me 12 x £36 for the service even though the cost was a lot higher than £432. I was surprised but needless to say I didn't query it :)
That's interesting!

The same happened to me when I traded in my E-class, they refunded me much more than I thought I should get.
I wasn't complaining either.

Is £36 per Month for 3 Years a Good Deal For Servicing B1- A - B (S205)…..I'm due a B1 service next month....car will be 4 years old....The B1 has been quoted at 585.3 includes brake fluid...fuel filter...air and pollen filters plus the usual oil and filter etc...the car is a C220d S205 Premium Plus July 2015 with 17k miles...Plus MOT at £39....They have offered me 3 services including this one for £36 p/m for 36 months Plus each MOT cost...Is it a good deal? What if I decide to sell the car after 2 years for example?
Thanks!

I'm on my 3rd Servicing Plan and I think it's well worth the £35 I pay every Month!:D

I pay £35 a month for the service plan on my E350, which I took out when the car was 2 years old. I had a service earlier this year (think it was a B3). When I dropped the car off at the garage, before I reminded them that I had a service plan they gave me a printed quote of £780 for the service. That equates to almost 2 years of my service plan payments. Obviously not all the services will be as expensive as that, but it still makes the £35 a month look good value to me.

I pay £35 a month for the service plan on my E350, which I took out when the car was 2 years old. I had a service earlier this year (think it was a B3). When I dropped the car off at the garage, before I reminded them that I had a service plan they gave me a printed quote of £780 for the service. That equates to almost 2 years of my service plan payments. Obviously not all the services will be as expensive as that, but it still makes the £35 a month look good value to me.

I used to have the old ServicePlus plan and on the variable servicing regime it was always a bit uncertain what would be required. I used to take my car in and the dealer would regale me with great lists of work required, to which I'd eagerly nod at. Then they ask how I'd be paying, and I'd say "ServicePlus" and the advisor would visibly slump!

I'd get home and shortly after I'd get a call telling me the car was ready and turned out it just needed a basic service - amazingly none of the extra work was required!

Arguably the £780 price is largely happening because of ServiceCare - the pricing is distorted to make ServiceCare look like a no-brainer. If they had to rely on payg customers they wouldn't get much work at those prices.

I don't doubt that there will be an element of truth in what you say, but as for the £780 quoted service, I saw the detail on the quote and all that work was carried out even after they realised I had a service plan. I still reckon it's decent value when you factor in ATF changes, brake fluid, etc, which will be over and above the normal service cost if you are paying as you go. I would accept however that main dealer prices are inflated both in terms of labour and parts prices and that a good indie may well offer better value. Where I live however, that appears not to be an option. I compromise by getting additional work carried out elsewhere where possible. For example, I recently changed the front discs and pads on the E350. Was going to do it myself, but it was in the middle of winter and a local garage did it for £270 using MB parts, almost £200 cheaper than the MB dealer price.

I used to have the old ServicePlus plan and on the variable servicing regime it was always a bit uncertain what would be required. I used to take my car in and the dealer would regale me with great lists of work required, to which I'd eagerly nod at. Then they ask how I'd be paying, and I'd say "ServicePlus" and the advisor would visibly slump!

I'd get home and shortly after I'd get a call telling me the car was ready and turned out it just needed a basic service - amazingly none of the extra work was required!

Arguably the £780 price is largely happening because of ServiceCare - the pricing is distorted to make ServiceCare look like a no-brainer. If they had to rely on payg customers they wouldn't get much work at those prices.
So they, MB, were basically lying to you then. Making up work to get money off you under false pretence. Just like Kwik fit is sometimes accused of doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom