Is a good idea Remapping my Mercedes e class e280 w211?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondotex

Car
Mercedes e class w211 e280 cdi saloon
Hi All,
Any one had a remap on Mercedes e class e280 Sport w211 ?
I wanted to know if is worth it or not.
And any extra maintenance after a remap?

Thanks.

100% its worth it, especially if you allow GAD tuning to do it.

No extra maintenance required.

Might seem a silly question but, what are you hoping to achieve? More "umph" because you need it, or 'nice to have" more umph?

E320/E350 numbers?

Or better fuel economy (unlikely). Stage 1 or 2 ?

I know it sounds "pedantic," but it's relevant.

I unlocked everything on my wifes ML320CDI.

Increase in MPG from 29mpg on a run to 36mpg. 21mpg to 27mpg in urban and added an extra 40BHP and a better torque curve.

The boys at GAD will give you exactly what youre after because they dont install generic files like most "tuners" do.

Might seem a silly question but, what are you hoping to achieve? More "umph" because you need it, or 'nice to have" more umph?

E320/E350 numbers?

Or better fuel economy (unlikely). Stage 1 or 2 ?

I know it sounds "pedantic," but it's relevant.

hoping to achieve more MPG, and bit more power, when accelerating my car feels slow, i know is a heavy car but....
looking for Stage 1 i think is 40hp more with stage 1?
Any better options?

Increase in MPG from 29mpg on a run to 36mpg. 21mpg to 27mpg in urban and added an extra 40BHP and a better torque curve.

The boys at GAD will give you exactly what youre after because they dont install generic files like most "tuners" do.
My Urban MPG is really poor now in winter is 16mpg,
Do you know anyone in Manchester for remapping?
GAD Tuning is in Essex.

No one I could recommend.

Put it this way, I'm just south west of Bristol and GAD are 3.5 hours away on a good day and its a place I'd sacrifice a day to go to if you want it done properly.

I may have read something a while ago about GAD having a 10 year car age limit now ????

We do every MB model that we can read the ecu on (which Is basically all of them, with varying levels of difficulty), but a bit far away for op!

Was that MPG improvement on the dash....a measured properly tank top to tank top? Ive had a few derv maps and tuning boxes. Never seen an "real" improvement in MPG in any of them despite the claims.....but several times the dash display has shown a better mpg. No logical reason the the MPG should improve that I can see....at least without changing hardware....especially if you use any of the extra power.
I take it GAD install on a rolling road them.....if not than it is a Generic map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom