Is a labotomy a no cost option on a Micra???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonl

Car
SLK230
Waiting at traffic lights in Lane 1 of a dual carriageway today. The road eventually merges into a single carriage way ahead as the road narrows and a cycle lane begins.

Bloke in his Micra is in Lane 2. Behind him is a traffic cop (C320 with nice styling :p). Lights change. Me in "Saint mode", I smoothly and steadily pull away though quicker than Mr. Micra.

We approach the end of the DC and I begin to move right as the cycle lane starts. At this point Mr. Micra has come right up behind me as isn't gonna let me over. Being in "Saint Mode" I slow down and the copper lets me in.

I can't believe he did that in front of a copper; he knew he was there as he'd previously overtook him.

Sadly, my left-turn was at that point so I didn't get to see if any "driving advise" was offered :D

around here Micras are owned by old ladies and as such whenever you see one you immedialtely have to assume that it has right of way as it's aged (at least 106) driver will have no awareness or concern for anything happening around them and no idea of the consequences of their blissful ignorance.

They are driven with a total disregard for the highway code by people who assume that the rear view mirror is for checking your make up and who would use a choke lever if it was still fitted to hang their handbag on.

I doubt if the driver did notice the police car Simon - why should he ? after all it was behind him so therefore it didn't matter:)

we've just returned from a trip to the supermarket where we had to reverse 100 yards down the one way section of the car park because some incompetent octegenarian in a Micra had come down a one way road the wrong way and wouldn't stop or turn round - before we reversed I got out the car and suggested he was in the wrong but I got the stock "don't talk to me like that sonny Jim - I've been driving for 50 years and never had an accident" - he's probably seen and left thousands in his wake but never actually had one :)

Andy

heh heh, reminds me of that viz top tip:

"Nissan Micra drivers. Attach a lighted sparkler to the roof of your car before starting a long journey. You drive the things like dodgem cars anyway, so it may as well look like one."

Originally posted by simonl
Waiting at traffic lights in Lane 1 of a dual carriageway today. The road eventually merges into a single carriage way ahead as the road narrows and a cycle lane begins.

Bloke in his Micra is in Lane 2. Behind him is a traffic cop (C320 with nice styling :p). Lights change. Me in "Saint mode", I smoothly and steadily pull away though quicker than Mr. Micra.

We approach the end of the DC and I begin to move right as the cycle lane starts. At this point Mr. Micra has come right up behind me as isn't gonna let me over. Being in "Saint Mode" I slow down and the copper lets me in.

I can't believe he did that in front of a copper; he knew he was there as he'd previously overtook him.

Sadly, my left-turn was at that point so I didn't get to see if any "driving advise" was offered :D

Im not going to be popluar but here goes.

Yes , the highway code states about being courtious to fellow road users , but , knowing the cycle lane was coming up and the fact that you were in the wrong lane does not mean the micra driver has to let you do anything . Its up to you to give way and be courtious enough to move into the other lane well before the cycle lane comes upon you.

And if the road is near soughton , i know it and its a damm stupid road.:D

Re: Re: Is a labotomy a no cost option on a Micra???

Originally posted by fuzzer
Im not going to be popluar but here goes.

Yes , the highway code states about being courtious to fellow road users , but , knowing the cycle lane was coming up and the fact that you were in the wrong lane does not mean the micra driver has to let you do anything . Its up to you to give way and be courtious enough to move into the other lane well before the cycle lane comes upon you.

And if the road is near soughton , i know it and its a damm stupid road.:D

Fuzzer has clearly missed the point.

The other driver was in a Micra, so obviously in the wrong :D :D :D

Be careful - very careful

Our illustrious leader also has a Micra :D

Koolvin has been previously spotted in HIS Micra - and he too drives that with all the indifference that he has managed to save up from the careful driving and parking of the 180turbo :)

Mark

Re: Re: Re: Is a labotomy a no cost option on a Micra???

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Fuzzer has clearly missed the point.

The other driver was in a Micra, so obviously in the wrong :D :D :D

yeah , sorry ... i missed the point .. lol

I forgot Koolvin had a micra ... :D

Am I abnormal?

I like the look of the new Micra.:cool:

Honest I do.:)

I have been on the Autobahn with Koolvin. Micra or Mercedes, I'm sure he drives the same. No further comment.

J/K m8!

Fuzzer: It wasn't the daft bit near Saughton. It was Queenferry Rd after the posh school heading into town.

I was well ahead of the guy after the lights and doing 30mph the speed limit. The fact that the guy was gaining on me meant he must've been speeding.

As I began to move slightly to the right I had plenty of space but then he started notiecably accelerating. His position then became fairly aggressive.

Had the copper not been there i probably would've floored it anyway :D

To be honest it didn't wind me up. I just thought it was funny considering what was following him.

Hey! Don't pick on Micra owners. I had a '95 1300 Twin Cam 16 in Australia before moving to the UK and buying a Merc!

It was a great car. Strange as it sounds it was a fast, strong, confident handling car. I beat the pants off a lot of people on the local tarmac and dirt raceways in much more powerful cars!

100+bhp in a micra and the world is your oyster, just no top end whatsoever. Much rather have my '92 190e 2.6!

This guy is nuts (read: my hero) :

http://www.micra.hl.com.au

I learnt to drive, AND passed my test in a Micra ...

(Sorry - I have nothing else positive to say about them !)

Actually - it was not a bad car although it drove like a toy !

I therefore place entire blame on Nissan for creating such a boring car and causing me to spend far too much money on bigger more powerful cars !!!

I do quite like the look of the new one - although the designers seem to have got JUST a little carried away !!

S.

I learned to drive and passed my test in a pug 206:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom